The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
I used to believe this when I was agnostic before I was Muslim; on reflection, I found it to be a cop out answer with little basis and is just an answer picked because it's easy to roll off the tongue - after preliminary reseach, I have never found any evidence to suggest that religion was used purposefully as a tool just to gain power and use to control people by the founders of the religion, although scholars, popes, clergy etc have used religion to do so much later after the religion was founded. Fundamentally this means that there is no reason to reject a religion on this basis, although it could cause one to question certain things which came after the religion e.g. the legitimacy of the Papacy in Christianity, the practices or beliefs of certain religious sects in various religions etc.

From my experience/opinion, there comes a certain point when people are so keen to understand things with their intellect that they end up stumbling over it and end up either intellectually dishonest or unable to grasp the finer the details of concepts or religions; naturally I am not implying you do this at all, but I am saying that oftentimes this is my observation.

You make a pretty interesting and valid point. I will reply in full tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Saba XD
Why did you delete your post. I was about to reply. :frown:

Were you able to read it before the delete?
Original post by Inzamam99
You make a pretty interesting and valid point. I will reply in full tomorrow :smile:

Np :smile:

Original post by Inzamam99
May you be guided to the right path. The one of humanity and an ideology kinder than one which condemns innocent people to eternal hellfire based on their belief systems*

Although calling people to act 'humanely' is on the surface a noble cause, unfortunately this is flawed as morality is subjective (in the absence of a religious appeal to the authority of God), thus to be 'humane' is subjective and relative to one's perception, emotions, understanding, how they have been raised and the societal expectations of the time etc.

Secondly, your presumption that 'innocent people' go to Hell is flawed - by definition, no one who goes to Hell is innocent, otherwise they wouldn't be in Hell. Rather, your line of argumentation should be 'I do not necessarily agree with the reasons of why they are being sent to Hell', and from this, you can then make (what I assume to be) your case that 'good ' people who did not believe in Islam will be sent to Hell. In response to this, we would then say that people will not be dealt with unjustly by God, and He will not punish them for what was not their fault of their belief (like if they didn't hear about Islam or monotheism), and instead be tested with something else, therefore those guilty of disbelief are not innocent, and those who are not guilty are innocent... and then this discussion can continue, and I can also mention several points of why Shirk and Kufr are the worst sins from a rational point of view (and not just a religious point of view).
(edited 7 years ago)
Random question out of curiosity:

Does anyone here wear niqab or intend to wear it in the future?

:colonhash:
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
:colonhash:

:eyeball:
Knowledge is a light and a cure to ignorance.

The Prophet said:

"The cure to ignorance is to ask."

Sunan Abi Dawud 337 - Hadeeth Authentic

The Messenger of Allah said:

"Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. The angels lower their wings in approval of the seeker of knowledge, and everyone in the heavens and on earth prays for forgiveness for the seeker of knowledge, even the fish in the sea. The superiority of the scholar over the worshipper is like the superiority of the moon above all other heavenly bodies. The scholars are the heirs of the Prophets, for the Prophets did not leave behind a Dinar or Dirham, rather they left behind knowledge, so whoever takes it has taken a great share.'"

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2682 and others. Authentic Hadeeth
It was narrated that 'Ali bin Abu Talib said:

"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'Faith is knowledge in the heart, words on the tongue and action with the physical faculties. (limbs of the body).'"

Sunan Ibn Majah 65. Hadeeth Mawdu (Fabricated) as stated by Ibn Al Jawzi in Al Mawduaat 1/128.
Turned on the TV and caught the last part of a documentary about Aleppo. The Muslims of Aleppo are so resilient in the face of attacks by the Regime and Russia. May Allah be pleased with them and all the other Muslims who suffer from oppression and may He reward their patience.
Original post by h333
:lol: this is embarrassing but I have only reported my own post.

Rofl

Original post by Leukocyte
Assalamu alaykum everyone!

I just had a large pizza :ahee:

Wasalam

That's nothing I had like three last night lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Narrated:*Abu Huraira
That a man said to the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam: "Advise me! "The Prophet said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious." [Al-Bukhari]

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the authority of Abu Dharr Jundub ibn Junadah, and Abu 'Abd-ir-Rahman Mu'adh bin Jabal (may Allah be pleased with them) that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said:

"Be conscious of Allah wherever you are. Follow the bad deed with a good one to erase it, and engage others with beautiful character."

Related by Tirmidhi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salams everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Wasalam

That's nothing I had like three last night lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Three large pizzas!? MashaAllah 😂
You need to start gym.

Original post by tasha_tah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walaykum asalaam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykumasalaam. Welcome to the thread.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam. Welcome to the thread.

Thank you :smile:

Like to get to know other Muslims on here :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My first ever post here! :ahee::ahee:
How is everyone doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wa'aleykum assalaam to everyone who said salaam/newbies
For a few days now while I'm praying my eyes start to hurt so badly like it's time for me to sleep. It's hard trying to keep them open. I'm supposed to concentrate but I'm more focused on my eyes acting dodgy and like my mind is just reciting on it's own. I don't know whether it's due to waking up so early so I get to uni at 9am. Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :smile:

Like to get to know other Muslims on here :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've come to the right place.
Original post by mediaya
My first ever post here! :ahee::ahee:
How is everyone doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asalaamualaykum, welcome to the thread. I'm doing good alhamdulillah, I hope you are too.
Wa'aleykum assalaam to everyone who said salaam/newbies

Quote them all individually and welcome them :hand:

Original post by Leukocyte
For a few days now while I'm praying my eyes start to hurt so badly like it's time for me to sleep. It's hard trying to keep them open. I'm supposed to concentrate but I'm more focused on my eyes acting dodgy and like my mind is just reciting on it's own. I don't know whether it's due to waking up so early so I get to uni at 9am. Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it may be due to lack of sleep but If it persists, you should go see your GP just incase. May Allah grant you shifa.

Latest

Trending

Trending