The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
As good as City are, you can't argue how solid Spurs have been.
You also can't argue about how good Arsenal look going forward.

Captaining Sanchez over Aguero is clearly the logical choice, but we all know how randomly the latter can bag a brace.

I've seen Burnley completely stifle two decent teams at home recently. Arsenal have it in them to thrash anyone, but when I weigh that up against kun's individual ability there's only one winner. I trust him more than I trust Arsenal
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
I've seen Burnley completely stifle two decent teams at home recently. Arsenal have it in them to thrash anyone, but when I weigh that up against kun's individual ability there's only one winner. I trust him more than I trust Arsenal

Oh don't get me wrong, Aguero is the best striker in the premier league. My concern isn't with him or City, it's with Spurs. Can you see them conceding more than a goal or two, even to a side as good as City?
Original post by Lúcio
Oh don't get me wrong, Aguero is the best striker in the premier league. My concern isn't with him or City, it's with Spurs. Can you see them conceding more than a goal or two, even to a side as good as City?

Both those games look as though they might be settled with 1 or 2 goals. Spurs have conceded once at home, Burnley twice. I expect very stubborn games on both fronts. Worth noting that since 10th September, Burnley have played half as many games (3) as City, Spurs and Arsenal.

Kun has had a nice little break.

The obvious thing to do here is go elsewhere. Seriously considering luk
(edited 7 years ago)
Both those games look as though they might be settled with 1 or 2 goals. Spurs have conceded once at home, Burnley twice. I expect very stubborn games on both fronts. Worth noting that since 10th September, Burnley have played half as many games (3) as City, Spurs and Arsenal.

Kun has had a nice little break.

The obvious thing to do here is go elsewhere. Seriously considering luk

I'm thinking about Costa since he's my only big differential to my brother and Chelsea are against Hull.
Hull have been shipping goals but I don't know if I can trust Chelsea...
Is Lukaku on pens in Baines absence?
Takes out shaw to afford ozil upgrade to Sanchez. Puts in a Watford defender whose status changes to doubtful a few hours later. #fail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Takes out shaw to afford ozil upgrade to Sanchez. Puts in a Watford defender whose status changes to doubtful a few hours later. #fail

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did pretty much the same thing

Took a hit to bring in Sanchez and Allen for KDB and Fer, only to see Allen's status change to 75% :frown:
At least he's a sub though...
Original post by Lúcio
I did pretty much the same thing

Took a hit to bring in Sanchez and Allen for KDB and Fer, only to see Allen's status change to 75% :frown:
At least he's a sub though...

He might still play. But I have no defenders to come in Kingsley stopped playing. Gonna have to sit tight and fix it next week. Hits for defenders aren't worth it. Unless to afford someone else. And mirallas might not start either but de room can come in. Everton away next week to Man City anyways next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Wavefunction
Really? I'd have thought Rashford would start this weekend, even with him playing tonight.

Straight swap KDB for Sanchez or are you going for something more tactile?

Can't afford it because I had no intention of doing it.

I need advice. Baines and KDB to Sanchez and 4.9 (likely to be Lovren) for -4 or KDB to any non-Sanchez mid for free? Coutinho or Walcott probs.*
Original post by little_wizard123

I need advice. Baines and KDB to Sanchez and 4.9 (likely to be Lovren) for -4 or KDB to any non-Sanchez mid for free? Coutinho or Walcott probs.*

I feel like an Arsenal player is a must and Sanchez gets started up front too much to pass up.

I took a -4 hit to get Sanchez in.
Lovren isn't terrible - Liverpool aren't amazing defensively but we're getting better.
Original post by Lúcio
I feel like an Arsenal player is a must and Sanchez gets started up front too much to pass up.

I took a -4 hit to get Sanchez in.
Lovren isn't terrible - Liverpool aren't amazing defensively but we're getting better.

Is Lovren good long term for starts? A little concerned tbh.

Sanchez, whilst playing at striker, is too good to pass up imo.
Is Lovren good long term for starts? A little concerned tbh.

Definitely.
Lovren and Matip is our partnership and won't change unless there's an injury or poor form.

Klavan is back-up and Sakho will probably be sold in January. The latter is very much out of favour because of attitude issues.
Original post by Lúcio
Definitely.
Lovren and Matip is our partnership and won't change unless there's an injury or poor form.

Klavan is back-up and Sakho will probably be sold in January. The latter is very much out of favour because of attitude issues.

Thanks - done. Walcott, a Liverpool mid and Son are all on the edge of my team, but can't find room for them. Will lose Antonio or Payet this week.
Baines out for Capoue (AOA) and Lukaku is C. Interesting week
Baines out for Capoue (AOA) and Lukaku is C. Interesting week

CP massively improved but potential for goals tonight (just Benteke for me). Good luck.
CP massively improved but potential for goals tonight (just Benteke for me). Good luck.

I think if you're going to look for a differential this week is the week to do it.

Also have teks. Pretty confident he's going to be slow and steady over time. Nae bother *
Two of the top 50 have captained Ibra 😂. Top 50 is about to change!
This new Friday game is killing me. Only just looked son capn and kosc on bench in my main team. Kill me
PHEW

Latest