The Student Room Group

English applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrThefaraz
Could you pm me the email as well?

I've sent it across but it's not working on my phone so I'm not sure if it's sent properly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrThefaraz
Could you pm me the email as well?

Are you thinking of doing English at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littlemix012
Are you thinking of doing English at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am.
Any other English literature/English language and literature applicants? :smile:
Original post by dorababy1995
Any other English literature/English language and literature applicants? :smile:

right here
Original post by thesarcasticone
right here

:smile: What unis are you applying to?
:smile: What unis are you applying to?

Oxford, UCL, KCL, Durham, and (decided at last!) Warwick. You?
Oxford, UCL, KCL, Durham, and (decided at last!) Warwick. You?

Cambridge, Durham, UCL and Exeter.
Cambridge, Durham, UCL and Exeter.

Does Cambridge require you to take an entrance test (like the Elat)? Btw, are you done with your ps?
Does Cambridge require you to take an entrance test (like the Elat)? Btw, are you done with your ps?

Yes they do, and from this year on, it's not "like" the ELAT, it is the ELAT, except at the "mature" colleges (I'm a matre student myself), where there's an at-interview test, but even that is a shorter version of the ELAT.
And yes, I've applied already.
Yes they do, and from this year on, it's not "like" the ELAT, it is the ELAT, except at the "mature" colleges (I'm a matre student myself), where there's an at-interview test, but even that is a shorter version of the ELAT.
And yes, I've applied already.

Oh, so you're a mature student. You prepared for the Elat, then? It seems to have become a major source of anxiety for me, after the applications themselves, that is .
Wow I'm reading comments from two smart people haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, so you're a mature student. You prepared for the Elat, then? It seems to have become a major source of anxiety for me, after the applications themselves, that is .

Well, I'm trying my best, but as I said, for me the test is going to be a shorter version of the ELAT, i.e. one or two pieces of text instead of 6 passages.
Well, I'm trying my best, but as I said, for me the test is going to be a shorter version of the ELAT, i.e. one or two pieces of text instead of 6 passages.

Well, good luck!
Well, good luck!

Thanks! And to you! :smile:
Thanks! And to you! :smile:

Good luck to you both! :smile:
Original post by littlemix012
Good luck to you both! :smile:

<3 Thanks!
To all of you applying to Cambridge, which colleges do you like the look of? :smile:
Original post by blue2337
To all of you applying to Cambridge, which colleges do you like the look of? :smile:

Wolfson! :smile: I've applied there.
Wolfson! :smile: I've applied there.

Wow guys, and there's me not knowing the purpose of the different colleges haha

Quick Reply