The Student Room Group

I'm Gay AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ProbablyJade
I'm sorry, i realise i'm not different or special, many people are gay. I didn't want to offend you

You haven't offended me. And I can't imagine how excited you are about 'coming out' - which is great for you.

The only offensive comment is writing off someone's opinion and citing some sort of inequality because they showed no interest and highlighted that being gay isn't worthy of a second glance these days.

And I wasn't being curt or abbrasive when I stated that this thread was attention seeking, I was merely highlighting that by it's very definition it is attention seeking.
Original post by pmc:producer
You haven't offended me. And I can't imagine how excited you are about 'coming out' - which is great for you.

The only offensive comment is writing off someone's opinion and citing some sort of inequality because they showed no interest and highlighted that being gay isn't worthy of a second glance these days.

And I wasn't being curt or abbrasive when I stated that this thread was attention seeking, I was merely highlighting that by it's very definition it is attention seeking.

If you showed no interest why did you feel a need to post here in the first place? I'm not trying to attention seek i promise i wasn't trying to write off your opinion just defend myself
It's obviously the moonwalk, there may be an argument for the crotch grab but it makes me think of pinecones

Where is the detail? Last try before your mark :colonhash:
Original post by xobeauty
Be gay and go on with your life, when you label and announce it, it's people like you who won't let it be the norm. Do you get what I'm saying?

I understand, im sorry
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Where is the detail? Last try before your mark :colonhash:

Oh jeez i think i should have revised more..... that's all i can manage
If you showed no interest why did you feel a need to post here in the first place? I'm not trying to attention seek i promise i wasn't trying to write off your opinion just defend myself

It wasn't my opinion you wrote off - it was the guy before me.

And I commented to make it absolutely clear that nobody cares. As you've seen from the threat responses...
It wasn't my opinion you wrote off - it was the guy before me.

And I commented to make it absolutely clear that nobody cares. As you've seen from the threat responses...

Not all the *thread* responses have been like yours
Not all the *thread* responses have been like yours

Yet none care that you're gay. So by extension I'm gonna say they are like mine, just nicer.
Yet none care that you're gay. So by extension I'm gonna say they are like mine, just nicer.

I get your point now, this is about people asking me things, if you don't have a question can you please stop
lol guys lets be real, in order to make an AMA and be noticed you have to be a little click bait-y and attention seeking. If you just write AMA no one will care to ask you anything, so I don't blame OP for using her sexuality in her title.

Are you more feminine or masculine, OP?
I get your point now, this is about people asking me things, if you don't have a question can you please stop

I have a question or two:
- Why do you think being gay defines you as a person (at least enough to warrent this threat)?
- Would you agree that being gay may never be seen as 'normal' as long as gay people behave in a manner which facilitates an 'us and them' culture with straight people (by making out they are somewhat different or unique because or their sexual orientation in a way that hetrosexual people don't?)
- Clinton or Trump?
Original post by Kyle1198
lol guys lets be real, in order to make an AMA and be noticed you have to be a little click bait-y and attention seeking. If you just write AMA no one will care to ask you anything, so I don't blame OP for using her sexuality in her title.

Are you more feminine or masculine, OP?

I'm definitely more feminine and attracted to more masculine
Reply 32
What's your opinion on Parker pens?
is it me or everyone on TSR is moody today?
I have a question or two:
- Why do you think being gay defines you as a person (at least enough to warrent this threat)?
- Would you agree that being gay may never be seen as 'normal' as long as gay people behave in a manner which facilitates an 'us and them' culture with straight people (by making out they are somewhat different or unique because or their sexual orientation in a way that hetrosexual people don't?)
- Clinton or Trump?

1. I don't think it does, its the same as asking 'i like eating cheese with chocolate cake and mustard AMA' or 'I have a pet turtle AMA' it allows people to ask questions to someone who is willing to talk about it
2. I think gay will eventually become normal in 20 or 30 years when the older generation is replaced by a generation which has grown up with a gay community, I don't think gay people behave in an 'us and them' manner, they simply want love and to have the same rights as straight people
3. Argh, neither, but if i had to Clinton
Original post by UWS
What's your opinion on Parker pens?

Ohh i'm not a fan, a good old biro does me
Original post by tamil fever
is it me or everyone on TSR is moody today?

Apparently so, i think its because its friday
1. I don't think it does, its the same as asking 'i like eating cheese with chocolate cake and mustard AMA' or 'I have a pet turtle AMA' it allows people to ask questions to someone who is willing to talk about it
2. I think gay will eventually become normal in 20 or 30 years when the older generation is replaced by a generation which has grown up with a gay community, I don't think gay people behave in an 'us and them' manner, they simply want love and to have the same rights as straight people
3. Argh, neither, but if i had to Clinton
#
Ah, a follow up question... What rights do straight people have that gay people don't?
Apparently so, i think its because its friday

i see:rolleyes:
#
Ah, a follow up question... What rights do straight people have that gay people don't?

Oh sorry, forgot to specify, the ability to get marriage, here are some other examples: http://www.ranker.com/list/8-things-gay-people-can_t-do/cdu827?utm_expid=16418821-253.1pST8hHXRlGe0nguOTQEHQ.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

Quick Reply

Latest