The Student Room Group

I have just burned my flatmate's oven gloves!! What should I tell her?!

Hi!

Turned the accidentally the wrong hob on where her oven glove was lying and it's burned now, you can still use it but it's burned.
Can anyone please tell me what I should tell her without her thinking I am a fool?

Thank you :smile:.
Original post by samman282
Hi!

Turned the accidentally the wrong hob on where her oven glove was lying and it's burned now, you can still use it but it's burned.
Can anyone please tell me what I should tell her without her thinking I am a fool?

'Sorry about this, this was an accident :colondollar: I am happy to buy one for you at a similar/reasonable price to this one.'
Hi!

Im sure she won't mind, just say sorry and offer to get her another pair
Reply 3
I'd apologise and buy new ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by A321
I'd apologise and buy new ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ProbablyJade
Im sure she won't mind, just say sorry and offer to get her another pair

Original post by SeanFM
'Sorry about this, this was an accident :colondollar: I am happy to buy one for you at a similar/reasonable price to this one.'

The thing is it's not the only thing I've burned so far. I've burned pizzas, toasts, food. She'll think I've never seen a kitchen before :biggrin:.
What they all said. Surely thats what you would expect if someone damaged your property?
The thing is it's not the only thing I've burned so far. I've burned pizzas, toasts, food. She'll think I've never seen a kitchen before :biggrin:.

Are you a pyromaniac?
dont tell her, check the label to see where it has been bought from, and go to buy a new one.
say:
"Sorry I thought it was chicken"

Spoiler

Original post by SeanFM

Incredibly formal :lol:
Reply 10
Bottle of wine/chocolates plus replacement oven gloves. Maybe start concentrating in the kitchen as sooner or later you will burn yourself and that is not pleasant.
Original post by nutz99
Bottle of wine/chocolates plus replacement oven gloves. Maybe start concentrating in the kitchen as sooner or later you will burn yourself and that is not pleasant.

Already happened.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Incredibly formal :lol:

You have to get the ':colondollar:' face in there at exactly the right time too.

Or alternatively, 'sorry, I got distracted by thinking of you.. and suddenly the room got really warm and your oven mitts caught on fire in the process. I'll buy you some new ones and take you out for a drink to apologise for the inconvenience :sexface:' gotta get the face right there too.
"Here are your new oven-gloves."
Definitely just admit to it, apologise and offer to buy new ones. I understand it might be a bit embarrassing but we all make mistakes like this sometimes. If you can, the best way would be to laugh at yourself and then she can laugh with you. :smile: Oven gloves are not a big deal as long as you own up to it and buy a replacement.

Quick Reply

Latest