The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Can I go to 'Flirt!' (student union) at the age of 23?

A society I'm part of has its social there.

I know I'm allowed to enter, just wanted to know what kind of age-group normally attends. If it's mainly 18-year-old freshers, then I think I'll feel out of place. If it's the kind of thing that postgrad students go to as well, I might go along.
Original post by Lupacante
A society I'm part of has its social there.

I know I'm allowed to enter, just wanted to know what kind of age-group normally attends. If it's mainly 18-year-old freshers, then I think I'll feel out of place. If it's the kind of thing that postgrad students go to as well, I might go along.

Just go and see 23 is hardly ancient.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just go and see 23 is hardly ancient.

True that. Entry's only £3, so even if I end up feeling out of place and hating it I'll hardly have broken the bank.
Lol dude nobody cares how old you are at uni. When I was an 18 year old fresher I had a few housemates/neighbours your age who we all went out with. People will forget how old you are anyway until your bday comes along or something.
Original post by Lupacante
True that. Entry's only £3, so even if I end up feeling out of place and hating it I'll hardly have broken the bank.

You dont go around with your age stuck to your forehead. if its a socienty then you all have a common interest. You will always be able to find people to flirt with.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
You dont go around with your age stuck to your forehead. if its a socienty then you all have a common interest. You will always be able to find people to flirt with.

'flirt!' is only the name of the event - but yeah, true, I should be able to have a good time with the other members of the soc anyway
Hi Lucpacante,
Apologies for the delay in responding, I go to Flirt Wednesday and I'm a mature student :smile:

Mark
Final Year Accounting and Management

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending