The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
That would be indeed correct - if EE implement 4G Calling on the LG G4, then it would be absolutely perfect! I think that it might be getting Wi-Fi Calling, but I'm not so sure. Though Wi-fi calling isn't essential as my house is in a strong signal area (only a few hundred meters from the local phone masts). Plus, you cannot install apps from outside of the Apple App Store, yet you can in Android if you enable the appropriate settings. :smile: I would not pay $18 for an app!

Only time will tell whether it negatively affects the sales of the phone or not, but as soon as a company remove the 3.5mm jack, which I believe is absolutely essential (more essential to me than an SD card slot, which is essential anyway) then they lose me as a potential customer.

The signal in your area must be fantastic if you live only a few hundred meters from the local phone masts! I find the Apple App store to have its various limitations, however; at times, the same applies to Android, albeit to a lesser extent. I too, would not purchase an app of that price! :frown: However, I have previously bought apps on the Google Play store, such as 'Skelly - Poseable Anatomy Model for Artists', which was a reasonable price and I must admit, it is a useful tool to use in conjunction with anatomy books when drawing anatomical sketches and drawings on an artistic basis.

Yes, I concur with that, a 3.5mm jack is paramount - I too, would rather have an Android phone over an iPhone, however - anything has to be superior to the Lumia 520, which has Windows with a tile user interface! :biggrin:

:moon:

100 post stats

mr T 999 - 6

Arbuthnot - 3

PerplexingGeod -3

04MR17 - 2

Eternaforest - 1

Pinkteddyx64 - 1

Spotify95 - 1

Posted from OtherWorld