The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leukocyte

It's so lovely receiving so many salaams on here, it hardly happens irl. Like only 2/3 people I know greet me like that.

Walaykum asalaam everyone
Feel alive again. Also I had kofta to eat :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww! Wait, you don't get many salaams from the people you know? That makes me feel a bit sad. If I walk past a fellow hijabi (as you can tell that they're Muslim as opposed to a Muslimah who doesn't wear a hijab) and they don't seem too busy, I'll say 'As-salaamu alaykum' and give a smile. When they reply with 'Walaikum as-salaam' and a smile, it makes me feel good and it also reminds me of the Ummah and how connected we can be. :smile:

:smile: Glad to hear you feel motivated. Aw yum, kofta!
(I had Aubergine and Potatoes with Basmati Rice for dinner yesterday. It's so good! I like my veggies a bit more than my chicken and meat :biggrin:)

[By the way, I didn't know that you're female. To me, your username suggested that you're male. Apologies for the mistake :redface:]
Original post by ak143244
Thanks for the rep! I'm doing good, alhamdullilah. You?

Nw. Yeah fine Alhamdulilah, thanks for asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
I see, that's great to know. Are you planning to do hardcore revision sessions tomorrow? What will you eat?

I...am no longer a student. I finished college but don't go to Uni because I don't know what subject I'd study. Plus...fees.

What I meant in terms of productivity is generally feeling useful. I'm trying to get a job so I'm planning to start a couple of applications. I've started one already and aim to submit it by tomorrow evening at the latest, In sha Allah.

Also, I wish to start up (and maintain) my own business before 2020, In sha Allah. :biggrin: I have a couple of ideas. I'm doing extensive research on one idea for now.
Reply 2683
Alhamdulillah :biggrin:

Original post by FantasticMsFox
I had a lovely time with them! In sha Allah I will see them again soon. If only I had hugged them a little more!

May I ask how your day was?

Aww insha'Allah you will! And that's soo sweet :h:

Good Alhamdulillah, I also spoke to a friend I had not seen in ages 😊

Original post by HAnwar
Excuse me

Spoiler

Original post by Ayaz789
Yeahh will do lol & how are you?

I am fine Alhamdulillah, thanks, how are you doing now? 😊

Original post by BasharAssad
Shalom guys

aleichem shalom (hope this is right lol)

Sorry forgot to reply to this earlier.

Yeh I agree. It'll probably be labelled as collateral damage or some garbage and then ignored. The Americans have murdered 100s in north west Pakistan in the same way.

Np 😊 and so sad to hear that, inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. Then they say they are"helping out" yeah right, people just believe the ones in power unfortunately. This is our world now, corrupt. May Allah bring justice to all very soon. Ameen.

Yes that's true. When I got back from uni I fell straight onto mums bed thats how tired I was. I fell asleep with my scarf still on my head and abaya on, how embarrasing :redface:
JZK and ameen :smile:

I will do that inshaAllah but bcos of uni I hardly have much of a break and I've got to walk for 20 mins to find halal food.

I took a two hour nap today after such a long time. It feels good lol
Oh the cucumber thing I do that for mum. A funny memory just popped in mind :rofl:
I'll try that too, JZK :yy:

Thanks so much graane :suith:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.

LMAO :toofunny:
Yes you're fat :fyi:
Jk

It's so lovely recieving so many salaams on here, it hardly happens irl. Like only 2/3 people I know greet me like that.

Walaykum asalaam everyone
Feel alive again. Also I had kofta to eat :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bless you, I fell asleep once like that too xxx
Oh really lol wonder what was the funny memory 🤔
BarakAllahu Feek <333
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha but even i like food :colondollar: I think I shall be eating chicken tikka with naan :drool:
Should be good though :tongue:

That's nice, enjoy eating.

Original post by FantasticMsFox
Awww! Wait, you don't get many salaams from the people you know? That makes me feel a bit sad. If I walk past a fellow hijabi (as you can tell that they're Muslim as opposed to a Muslimah who doesn't wear a hijab) and they don't seem too busy, I'll say 'As-salaamu alaykum' and give a smile. When they reply with 'Walaikum as-salaam' and a smile, it makes me feel good and it also reminds me of the Ummah and how connected we can be. :smile:

:smile: Glad to hear you feel motivated. Aw yum, kofta!
(I had Aubergine and Potatoes with Basmati Rice for dinner yesterday. It's so good! I like my veggies a bit more than my chicken and meat :biggrin:)

[By the way, I didn't know that you're female. To me, your username suggested that you're male. Apologies for the mistake :redface:]

No bcos most people I know are non-Muslims. I do know a lot of Muslims but they aren't like my friends. When I go to pray that's when a lot of salams are said. Yep that's true but the thing with me is I'm more likely going to say it to an elder not someone my age lol

Yuck I don't like aubergines :colondollar: You're eating healthy then.

Ah don't worry, others have made the same mistake in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333

BarakAllahu Feek <333

My youngest brother ate the cucumbers 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salam everyone! Fellow hijabi Muslim here! Found this thread whilst trying to re-connect with my faith. I think this is my first time posting here! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2687
My youngest brother ate the cucumbers 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loooool bless him 😄

Spoiler

Original post by h333
Alhamdulillah :biggrin:

Aww insha'Allah you will! And that's soo sweet :h:

Good Alhamdulillah, I also spoke to a friend I had not seen in ages 😊

Spoiler

I am fine Alhamdulillah, thanks, how are you doing now? 😊

aleichem shalom (hope this is right lol)

Np 😊 and so sad to hear that, inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. Then they say they are"helping out" yeah right, people just believe the ones in power unfortunately. This is our world now, corrupt. May Allah bring justice to all very soon. Ameen.

BarakAllahu Feek <333

Yeahh im good jzk :smile:
Original post by Nuba123
Salam everyone! Fellow hijabi Muslim here! Found this thread whilst trying to re-connect with my faith. I think this is my first time posting here! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walaykum asalaam. Welcome 😊

Original post by h333
Loooool bless him 😄

Spoiler

Totally dislike it. Kill me and I wont eat that :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykumasalaam.
Reply 2691
Original post by Nuba123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaikum Assalaam 😊 that's nice to know and welcome! 🙌

Original post by Ayaz789
Yeahh im good jzk :smile:

Great, keep it up! 👍 insha'Allah. BarakAllahu Feek 😊

Totally dislike it. Kill me and I wont eat that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo waaaaay!! 😭 it's not that bad.

Totally dislike it. Kill me and I wont eat that :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayaz789
Wa'alaykumasalaam.

Original post by h333

Thanks guys! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333

Jee :biggrin:
What does everyone do? Like are you at work, uni or school?

I'm applying for medicine/medical sciences this year. So Inshallah that's the path I plan on going down however, if it doesn't happen Alhumdulilah for everything! I would LOVE to be a lecturer at a uni or a doctor. Basically I just like meeting new people and helping in what way I can. :smile: I also want to create programmes/schemes to get people from ethic minorities/low income backgrounds/ mitigating circumstances at further education in HIGHER quantities. Want to just help everyone to the best if my ability. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123

No problem :tongue:
Salaam peeps. Just had a catch up sesh on the past 28 pages i havent read. How's everyone doing?
Original post by Hydeman
Do you believe him to be a munafiq/(covert) apostate? :holmes:

Can you name some Muslim scholars you trust that live elsewhere?

He isnt either of them. But he seems to let loose of some basics of faith in order to make himself "cool" and "with the times" and he takes his followers like a bunch of fools. We (Uni of Birmingham isoc) are hosting him on behalf of Al Buruj press tonight and i have refused to participate in any of it even though i an on the isoc committee because i dont agree with him. Simple as.

And regarding scholars in the west. Some are ok but i only listen or follow the works of one who is currently in prison in saudi because he posted a tweet criticising the saudi regime and i follow the works of the scholars who have now passed away.
Turned on the TV and caught the last part of a documentary about Aleppo. The Muslims of Aleppo are so resilient in the face of attacks by the Regime and Russia. May Allah be pleased with them and all the other Muslims who suffer from oppression and may He reward their patience.
May Allah reward all Muslims who suffer oppression whichever side they are on. I have been reading about the war in Syria and it is a civil war not a religious war. There are Muslims fighting and being killed of both sides. We should pray for all the victims and oppose all the killers.

Latest

Trending

Trending