The Student Room Group

1000 UKCAT questions book mock exam

Hi! I just did the mock exam and got these results:

QR: 648
AR: 660
VR: 626
SJ: Band A

Do you think I can score above 700 on the real test since the book is considered harder? Last year I scored 660 only after 2 days of preparing (this year I prepared 3 weeks).

I'm sitting the real test on Tuesday.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by barborazel
Hi! I just did the mock exam and got these results:

QR: 648
AR: 660
VR: 626
SJ: Band A

Doo you think I can score above 700 on the real test since the book is considered harder? Last year I scored 660 only after 2 days of preparing (this year I prepared 2 weeks).

I'm sitting the real test on Tuesday.

They say you generally do better on subsequent times. I think you can get 700 but it's going to be tough. I think you should train your brain everyday with apps like lumosity, get enough sleep and the rest. Even in my UKCAT book, it said in one part about the day of the exam, get enough sleep, eat healthy breakfast.

The truth is, all of these factors count. Get used to using calculators like the one in the exam.

You should have like 2 weeks of intense practice before the UKCAT exam - but cool your nerves before you enter.
Reply 2
Original post by Kiritsugu
They say you generally do better on subsequent times. I think you can get 700 but it's going to be tough. I think you should train your brain everyday with apps like lumosity, get enough sleep and the rest. Even in my UKCAT book, it said in one part about the day of the exam, get enough sleep, eat healthy breakfast.

The truth is, all of these factors count. Get used to using calculators like the one in the exam.

You should have like 2 weeks of intense practice before the UKCAT exam - but cool your nerves before you enter.

Thanks! And do you think that the real test is easier? I have only 3 days left and I'm getting rather nervous :biggrin:.
Thanks! And do you think that the real test is easier? I have only 3 days left and I'm getting rather nervous :biggrin:.

The real test is going to be slightly more difficult imo but just very little. Its so little it doesnt really matter. In dragonball z there was a period where goku and gohan rested. I would say work intensely for 2 days and rest for 1 day where you basically havr fun and stuff and prepare stuff such as travel money passport etc. This is because you cannot efficiently cram for this exam so its better to have a rested brain that can go all out rather than a tired worn out brain that seems to be working anaerobically which I dont think if it were the case would be pleasant. Good luck dude, go in focused planned and ready.
Reply 4
The real test is going to be slightly more difficult imo but just very little. Its so little it doesnt really matter. In dragonball z there was a period where goku and gohan rested. I would say work intensely for 2 days and rest for 1 day where you basically havr fun and stuff and prepare stuff such as travel money passport etc. This is because you cannot efficiently cram for this exam so its better to have a rested brain that can go all out rather than a tired worn out brain that seems to be working anaerobically which I dont think if it were the case would be pleasant. Good luck dude, go in focused planned and ready.

Well, thanks. I actually thought that the actual test is a bit easier than the 1000 Q mock exam... I'm a bit scared now :frown:. I will work hard during the weekend and hope to improve...
Well, thanks. I actually thought that the actual test is a bit easier than the 1000 Q mock exam... I'm a bit scared now :frown:. I will work hard during the weekend and hope to improve...

Oh no! The real test is easier than the books. Hopefully if youve managed well on the books and have a good idea of how the exam runs from prior experience youll do just fine. I meant the real test is gonna be harder than last years because for ezample in section 3 there are more pattern question formats and in section 4 there are more codes, not that it makes much difference.
Reply 6
Oh no! The real test is easier than the books. Hopefully if youve managed well on the books and have a good idea of how the exam runs from prior experience youll do just fine. I meant the real test is gonna be harder than last years because for ezample in section 3 there are more pattern question formats and in section 4 there are more codes, not that it makes much difference.

Oh ok that sounds better! :smile:

Also this year the Decision Making part isn't marked right? So I can just sit there and rest my brain before the next part comes?
Oh ok that sounds better! :smile:

Also this year the Decision Making part isn't marked right? So I can just sit there and rest my brain before the next part comes?

Tbh I'm not really sure. I would immediately find out and probably practice for it anyway but that's just me. Rest for the final day if you can, or at least a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending