The Student Room Group

Discretionary bursary

With a discretionary bursary will they decide how much to give me, or if i ask for money e.g a small amount to spend of stationary, will they transfer it to my account?
Original post by tamanna___
With a discretionary bursary will they decide how much to give me, or if i ask for money e.g a small amount to spend of stationary, will they transfer it to my account?

Depends on the bursary. You can either ask for a stated amount or just highlight what you need and they will decide the amount. Read about the terms of the bursary or ask them.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Depends on the bursary. You can either ask for a stated amount or just highlight what you need and they will decide the amount. Read about the terms of the bursary or ask them.

Okay thank youuuu
Okay thank youuuu

If you need a specific amount, then apply for that. But do read what it says on the website as to how much they might offer. You will look silly applying for £200 if they say on the website they give grants of £25.

Alternatively you can leave the amount blank and its likely they will give you what they typically give based on your request and how much money they typically give out.

I would read what it says on the website.
Detail what you claim is for tio give them an idea.
Let them decide how much to award you(unless you have something specific in mind) as you might get more. They will only give yu what they typically can afford.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
If you need a specific amount, then apply for that. But do read what it says on the website as to how much they might offer. You will look silly applying for £200 if they say on the website they give grants of £25.

Alternatively you can leave the amount blank and its likely they will give you what they typically give based on your request and how much money they typically give out.

I would read what it says on the website.
Detail what you claim is for tio give them an idea.
Let them decide how much to award you(unless you have something specific in mind) as you might get more. They will only give yu what they typically can afford.

Okay i'll have a read up on it and then speak to the bursary officer at school thankyou!!
Okay i'll have a read up on it and then speak to the bursary officer at school thankyou!!

Thats the best thing to do, then you will see how it works and the officer cna give you an idea you an idea whether the bursary scheme will cater for the type of claim you are making and how much they might give.

Thats the best thing to do, then you will see how it works and the officer cna give you an idea you an idea whether the bursary scheme will cater for the type of claim you are making and how much they might give.

The claim might be based on your income or that of your family, so you may need to provide evidence to show you match the criteria of people the fund is menat to help. Talking to the bursar is absolutely the best thing to do. Good luck..

Quick Reply

Latest