The Student Room Group

Should I ignore her?

A girl rejected me the other day when I asked her to hang out saying she just wants to be friends. I thanked her for being so honest and she was totally cool with that. If she is in a room now and she notices she leaves quickly with a friend but earlier she was walking passed playing with her hair. Should I ignore her also?
Original post by Anonymous
A girl rejected me the other day when I asked her to hang out saying she just wants to be friends. I thanked her for being so honest and she was totally cool with that. If she is in a room now and she notices she leaves quickly with a friend but earlier she was walking passed playing with her hair. Should I ignore her also?

It sounds like she is being immature and not actually sticking to being friends. I wouldn't ignore her, but also wouldn't go out of my way to make a huge effort if she is going to be like that. I hope it goes well and gets sorted soon :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by VaticanCameos
It sounds like she is being immature and not actually sticking to being friends. I wouldn't ignore her, but also wouldn't go out of my way to make a huge effort if she is going to be like that. I hope it goes well and gets sorted soon :smile:

I passed her this morning when I went out and as soon as she noticed me coming she turned round to talk to me. I wished her a good morning and intended to leave it there but she continued the conversation by asking what I was up to. She was smiling at me constantly and made constant eye contact. I am so confused, what do I do?
I passed her this morning when I went out and as soon as she noticed me coming she turned round to talk to me. I wished her a good morning and intended to leave it there but she continued the conversation by asking what I was up to. She was smiling at me constantly and made constant eye contact. I am so confused, what do I do?

I think she just wants to be friends and pretend it didn't happen... maybe..... so just act like nothing did?
Reply 4
Original post by ProbablyJade
I think she just wants to be friends and pretend it didn't happen... maybe..... so just act like nothing did?

I think she does; she stills seems overly friendly, though. Thanks for your help
Reply 5
I think she does; she stills seems overly friendly, though. Thanks for your help

Sounds like she's being overly friendly to compensate for the fact that she rejected you. Wouldn't overthink this though.
Calm and collected.
Rejection sucks, but she's made her decision.
I wouldn't ignore her (Doesn't end well), just, as mentioned, don't make a huge effort to please her or you feel the NEED to start a conversation, let it be natural, friendly chat and that's it really.
(Overthinking gets you in a whole lot of trouble) :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Kre
Sounds like she's being overly friendly to compensate for the fact that she rejected you. Wouldn't overthink this though.

She was overly friendly before I asked her out, hence I got the impression she liked me. I overthink everything so your answer is most helpful, thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by ForcomeAnarchist
Calm and collected.
Rejection sucks, but she's made her decision.
I wouldn't ignore her (Doesn't end well), just, as mentioned, don't make a huge effort to please her or you feel the NEED to start a conversation, let it be natural, friendly chat and that's it really.
(Overthinking gets you in a whole lot of trouble) :smile:

I completely respect her decision and I completely get it. I'm pretty much doing as you said, I'll just be polite and if she wants a conversation I'll go along with it. I agree, overthinking is the bane of my life haha. Thanks v much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending