The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saeed9764
He isnt either of them. But he seems to let loose of some basics of faith in order to make himself "cool" and "with the times" and he takes his followers like a bunch of fools. We (Uni of Birmingham isoc) are hosting him on behalf of Al Buruj press tonight and i have refused to participate in any of it even though i an on the isoc committee because i dont agree with him. Simple as.

And regarding scholars in the west. Some are ok but i only listen or follow the works of one who is currently in prison in saudi because he posted a tweet criticising the saudi regime and i follow the works of the scholars who have now passed away.

What does he say.
I've never heard of the guy? And what makes him a scholar?
Reply 2701
Think People called Imam Suhaib Webb a coconut when he's literally white haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tpos
Saeed called Imam Suhaib Webb a coconut when he's literally white haha

:beard:
Reply 2703
Original post by Zamestaneh

:beard:

Didn't know white coconuts existed but obviously it using 'coconut' becomes pointless if you're referring to them! duhhhh
Original post by Tpos
Didn't know white coconuts existed but obviously it using 'coconut' becomes pointless if you're referring to them! duhhhh

Saeed jaan could have been referring to how inside coconuts the milk is horrible, so similarly inside, Webb is horrible :naughty:
Reply 2705
Saeed jaan could have been referring to how inside coconuts the milk is horrible, so similarly inside, Webb is horrible :naughty:

lol go away zammm

On a serious note, I think Imam Suhaib Webb represents 'American Islam' quite well. And my impression of 'American Islam' is that they generally more loose with Islamic teachings, in that they try to assimilate into western/ American society, instead of using the integration approach.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2706
Original post by Ayaz789
Jee :biggrin:

Jee kya? :curious:

Original post by Nuba123
What does everyone do? Like are you at work, uni or school?

I'm applying for medicine/medical sciences this year. So Inshallah that's the path I plan on going down however, if it doesn't happen Alhumdulilah for everything! I would LOVE to be a lecturer at a uni or a doctor. Basically I just like meeting new people and helping in what way I can. :smile: I also want to create programmes/schemes to get people from ethic minorities/low income backgrounds/ mitigating circumstances at further education in HIGHER quantities. Want to just help everyone to the best if my ability. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds amazing. May Allah grant you success. Ameen. :smile:

Original post by saeed9764
Salaam peeps. Just had a catch up sesh on the past 28 pages i havent read. How's everyone doing?

Wa'alaykum Assalaam :hi:
Alhamdulillah.

Original post by guided1
May Allah reward all Muslims who suffer oppression whichever side they are on. I have been reading about the war in Syria and it is a civil war not a religious war. There are Muslims fighting and being killed of both sides. We should pray for all the victims and oppose all the killers.

Ameen.
Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would praise Allah in his sermon as He deserves to be praised and then he would say, Whoever Allah guides, no one can lead him astray. Whoever Allah sends astray, no one can guide him. The truest word is the Book of Allah and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil matters are those that are newly invented, for every newly invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is misguidance and every misguidance is in the Hellfire.

Would the newly invented Internet that we are comunicating on be considered evil and misguided and if so may I ask what you are doing here. Thank you.
Reply 2708
Original post by mikenwales
Would the newly invented Internet that we are comunicating on be considered evil and misguided and if so may I ask what you are doing here. Thank you.

No, it wouldn't.
The newly invented matters are in regards to what people invent as being obligatory to worship and to the faith. Not to the tools we use. We're not like the Amish.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Jee kya? :curious:

Sounds amazing. May Allah grant you success. Ameen. :smile:

Wa'alaykum Assalaam :hi:
Alhamdulillah.

Ameen.

I was just saying Jee as you are older :colondollar:
Reply 2710
Original post by Ayaz789
I was just saying Jee as you are older :colondollar:

:lol: I see, I thought you meant as in yes. Acha baat hai lmao.
Original post by h333
:lol: I see, I thought you meant as in yes. Acha baat hai lmao.

Achi* :tongue: haha noo i never meant it in that way :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2712
Original post by Ayaz789
Achi* :tongue: haha noo i never meant it in that way :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Smh I just noticed, teek hai.
Original post by h333
Smh I just noticed, teek hai.

Haha koi baat nahi , galtiya hoti hai logo se :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tpos
No, it wouldn't.
The newly invented matters are in regards to what people invent as being obligatory to worship and to the faith. Not to the tools we use. We're not like the Amish.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Is this just your own personal interpretation ? or could you guide me to your source to be free to read it for myself. Also do you have any other sources that i may then cross reference it as with any good enquiry. Thank you
Original post by h333
Shukriya, yeh bhi aapne sahi kaha :yep:
(Lool don't know what I am saying)

Thanks , you have also said this right :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Hahaha what about, yeh baat bhi (toh) sahi hai.

Thats right :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2717
Thanks for your prompt reply. Is this just your own personal interpretation ? or could you guide me to your source to be free to read it for myself. Also do you have any other sources that i may then cross reference it as with any good enquiry. Thank you

No, not my own interpretation, but the agreed upon interpretation by traditional scholars. I don't have a source at hand but someone will probably be able to help you out with that.
Original post by h333
Lol urdu is fun.

Hindi*. :colone:

Matters innovated in religion is a major sin; innovated parts of worldly life are fine.

Latest