The Student Room Group

Subject choices

Does anybody know if legally my school can force me to drop one of my A levels just because they feel I won't do great in it and they want to keep their numbers looking high? Much thanx
Reply 1
Original post by Asiangirl_18
Does anybody know if legally my school can force me to drop one of my A levels just because they feel I won't do great in it and they want to keep their numbers looking high? Much thanx

They can refuse to let you sit it, yes. It's up to you to prove them wrong and try really hard. Some people will advise you to get your parents involved, but that doesn't show the maturity that you need to demonstrate to convince them.

If they feel that your not working hard or doing well, they can tell you that they won't let you sit the exam. If you don't want to get dropped from this subject just work hard and you should be fine. :smile:

One of my tutors was always putting students down and discouraging them from resitting saying you'll never score high than X. If you feel passionate about the subject, convey this to the head and say if you can have a trial period and that you'll put everything into achieving good marks.

P.s. what that teacher said to me backfired on her. I ended up getting much better results as did the others and she ended up leaving her post :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NafNaf39
One of my tutors was always putting students down and discouraging them from resting saying you'll never score high than X. If you feel passionate about the subject, convey this to the head and say if you can have a trial period and that you'll put everything into achieving good marks.

P.s. what that teacher said to me backfired on her. I ended up getting much better results as did the others and she ended up leaving her post :P

Wow hahha u really showed her then. And im definitely so passionate about this subject. I dnt want to drop it kus i know i can prove the teachers wrong

Quick Reply

Latest