The Student Room Group

Why do guys claim that women have it easier in dating?

I swear this is a myth because I set up an OKcupid account for myself and got like only 3 views a week but then I made an OKcupid account using the picture of a girl of a similar attractiveness and she didn't even get 1 single view for 3 weeks and on top of that the account was deleted. I always here guys saying "life is so unfair, ANY woman can get guys swarming after her even if she is average or below average" This is clearly not true as my experiment showed, women and men are actually fairly equal. The problem is that men seem to have a very narrow categorie of what a woman is (basically a hot woman = a proper woman) and women who they don't see as attractive don't even count. I honestly used to think that dating was easier for women until I put myself in the shoes of an average to below average woman and now I realise that all this whining is uncalled for.
Men are generally expected to make the first move in online dating.
they do have it easier. You don't have to go up to people and say you like them, women have guys chasing them all the time, but you dont see women chasing men
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
they do have it easier. You don't have to go up to people and say you like them, women have guys chasing them all the time, but you dont see women chasing men

But that's my point, some women don't have guys chasing after them but a lot of the time we don't classify them as "women" because we are not attracted to them and they are thus invisible
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest

This is nonsense, I know quite a few girls who ask guys out and make the first move, inc myself
Exactly, also girls signal guys to approach them by giving them looks or gestures which is in a sense making the first move imo
Original post by blackstar101204
I swear this is a myth because I set up an OKcupid account for myself and got like only 3 views a week but then I made an OKcupid account using the picture of a girl of a similar attractiveness and she didn't even get 1 single view for 3 weeks and on top of that the account was deleted. I always here guys saying "life is so unfair, ANY woman can get guys swarming after her even if she is average or below average" This is clearly not true as my experiment showed, women and men are actually fairly equal. The problem is that men seem to have a very narrow categorie of what a woman is (basically a hot woman = a proper woman) and women who they don't see as attractive don't even count. I honestly used to think that dating was easier for women until I put myself in the shoes of an average to below average woman and now I realise that all this whining is uncalled for.

Just to provide an anecdote to that. I made a POF profile as a woman just to see and got 29 messages in 40 minutes.
also girls signal guys to approach them by giving them looks or gestures

that is so annoying, most of us don't understand those things, except of course by gesture you mean blowjob(which everyone knows).
Original post by silverbolt
Just to provide an anecdote to that. I made a POF profile as a woman just to see and got 29 messages in 40 minutes.

But was that woman at least attractive though? Cuz try making a profile with a fat woman and see the results lol
It's tougher for us because women just have to be themselves and say yes or no at the end of the day, but men have to be their best self and always take the lead to attract a woman
But was that woman at least attractive though? Cuz try making a profile with a fat woman and see the results lol

Average it has to be said. not unattractive but no Eva Green

Well if she is average then she'll get messages but if she is below average then she won't

Also let's face it, a guys average is usually just a mildly hot woman
They usually mean it's easier for women to get sex, which is also bulls***.

Quick Reply