The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nuba123
Salam everyone! Fellow hijabi Muslim here! Found this thread whilst trying to re-connect with my faith. I think this is my first time posting here! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa alaykum assalaam to you and all the other newbies that joined us in the past few pages of the thread!

We hope you will benefit from the thread, inshaaAllah :h:
Original post by mikenwales
You dont have a source to back up your claim ?? Oh dear, am I expected to simply believe you when you could have been misinformed and you leave me with no way of checking the validation of what you say. Im a fairly welly educated man so please do not insult my intelligence..You have offended me, this i didnt expect when coming here ?

Have you not got anything better to do than troll a No-debating thread?
Intelligence is not known by mere self-proclamation. Intelligence is known by one's understanding of a matter and response to a situation.

Enjoy the rest of your day :h:
“Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness.”

- Ibn al-Qayyim رحمه الله
"I found myself in trouble, and so I made Du’aa consistently, all the while requesting relief and comfort. The response to my Du’aa seemed to be delayed, and so my soul became disturbed and worried. However, I rebuked it saying, “Woe unto you; look attentively at yourself, are you the one possessed or are you the possessor? Are you the one that is controlled or are you the controller? Are you not aware that this world is the abode of tests for you?"

- Ibn Al-Jawzee (رحمه الله)
A man said to al-Hasan al-Basri (رحمه الله):

‘The people sit around you so that they may find fault with you!’ So he said, ‘Indeed, I encouraged my soul to aspire for Paradise so it aspired for it. Then I encouraged it to aspire for salvation from Hellfire and so it aspired for it. Then I encouraged it to aspire for salvation from the people, but I didn’t find a way to that. Indeed the people were not pleased with their Creator although He provides for them, so how can they be pleased with another creation like themselves?’
"Knowledge is three hand-spans: the first breeds arrogance, the second breeds humility, and in the third, you realise you know nothing."

Sufyaan ath Thawri (رحمه الله)
Original post by Al-farhan
What does he say.
I've never heard of the guy? And what makes him a scholar?

Sheikh Abdul Aziz At-Tarefe. Look him up.
Original post by Tpos
Saeed called Imam Suhaib Webb a coconut when he's literally white haha

I re read my comment and couldnt see anywhere where i called him a coconut?
Reply 2726
Original post by saeed9764
Sheikh Abdul Aziz At-Tarefe. Look him up.

I re read my comment and couldnt see anywhere where i called him a coconut?

Sorry, re-read and saw it was another user (Think People). You responded to a question which quoted that so whilst skim reading, I thought it was you.
Original post by Tpos
Sorry, re-read and saw it was another user (Think People). You responded to a question which quoted that so whilst skim reading, I thought it was you.

Please do feel free to delete the comment then. At your own time of course.
Reply 2728
Original post by saeed9764
Please do feel free to delete the comment then. At your own time of course.

Sorry, I didn't think to delete since it had been cleared up
Original post by IdeasForLife
It's religious war against the Muslims by the rafidi, alawites and russians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And the Khwarij and Munafiqoon
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FantasticMsFox
I...am no longer a student. I finished college but don't go to Uni because I don't know what subject I'd study. Plus...fees.

What I meant in terms of productivity is generally feeling useful. I'm trying to get a job so I'm planning to start a couple of applications. I've started one already and aim to submit it by tomorrow evening at the latest, In sha Allah.

Also, I wish to start up (and maintain) my own business before 2020, In sha Allah. :biggrin: I have a couple of ideas. I'm doing extensive research on one idea for now.

Oh I see. It's good that you're motivated and still pursuing something else. May Allah put barakah in your business for you.

Original post by h333

Np 😊 and so sad to hear that, inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. Then they say they are"helping out" yeah right, people just believe the ones in power unfortunately. This is our world now, corrupt. May Allah bring justice to all very soon. Ameen.

Ameen.

Original post by Nuba123
Salam everyone! Fellow hijabi Muslim here! Found this thread whilst trying to re-connect with my faith. I think this is my first time posting here! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykumasalaam. Welcome to the thread.
Original post by Zamestaneh
And the Khwarij and Munafiqoon

:yy:
Reply 2734
Original post by IdeasForLife
It's religious war against the Muslims by the rafidi, alawites and russians.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rafidhi (rejectors) is a rather insulting definition. It is frequently used by sunnis against shias

IMHO , it is not a good idea to use it here - unless you want to launch a shia/sunni dispute
Original post by mariachi
rafidhi (rejectors) is a rather insulting definition. It is frequently used by sunnis against shias

IMHO , it is not a good idea to use it here - unless you want to launch a shia/sunni dispute

It's not, hence I used it. I think you've been reading too much Wikipedia.

Thanks for your concern. I'm sure the anti-Islam crew has the best interests of the isoc at heart. :smile:

Edit - best
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mariachi

Some take it as offensive; some wear it as a badge of pride including prominent Shia figures like Amar Nakshawani, and historically Shia have accepted it as a label for themselves. It is only recently that some people start to take offence to it. Calling one a rejector is an accurate description of their beliefs; you could argue it is like using the word "negro" which simply means 'black' but is still considered offensive, but the term Rafidha and Negro are not on the same level, as one has historically been used by both Sunni and Shia in both good and bad ways, whereas the other has only really been used as a derogatory term or to strip the identity or humanity of black people, only later being adopted by blacks to lightly address each other in limited contexts and occasions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
Some take it as offensive; some wear it as a badge of pride including prominent Shia figures like Amar Nakshawani, and historically Shia have accepted it as a label for themselves. It is only recently that some people start to take offence to it. Calling one a rejector is an accurate description of their beliefs; you could argue it is like using the word "negro" which simply means 'black' but is still considered offensive, but the term Rafidha and Negro are not on the same level, as one has historically been used by both Sunni and Shia in both good and bad ways, whereas the other has only really been used as a derogatory term or to strip the identity or humanity of black people, only later being adopted by blacks to lightly address each other in limited contexts and occasions.

Quite obvious IFL intended to use it in a derogatory&offensive manner

Latest

Trending

Trending