The Student Room Group

How to be a YouTuber and study at the same time?

So just recently, I made a new YouTube channel. I had a previous channel with 1000 subscribers, however, I had altercations with it so I shut it down and made a new one. Since I am doing my A levels, I need tips on how to Revise and make YouTube videos because currently I'm finding it hard to juggle. Would really appreciate it.

My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY_3u-sIYygqZgThF7NsCJg
if interested

Scroll to see replies

Easy... take each day as it comes, do hw at school and come back and make videos if you feel like you are in the creative mood. Obv you dont have to do it straight away, upload it when you are ready.

heres my youtube channel, ill be more active when i move to uni next year.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Nice advertising there.

You can have a schedule, say like have an upload once a week and spend 2 or so days on recording and editing. The rest will be dedicated to revision. It's all about time management.
Reply 3
You had altercations with your youtube channel?

I see on your intro you're saying new videos weekly. That's step one to prioritising youtube over studying as you are committing in that sense to putting out youtube videos.

You need prioritise working and if you get any free time after doing so, then make a video. Not the other way around.
Original post by KabirAhmad
So just recently, I made a new YouTube channel. I had a previous channel with 1000 subscribers, however, I had altercations with it so I shut it down and made a new one. Since I am doing my A levels, I need tips on how to Revise and make YouTube videos because currently I'm finding it hard to juggle. Would really appreciate it.

My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY_3u-sIYygqZgThF7NsCJg
if interested

OMG i love the way your videos are edited
Original post by BigMan Ting
Easy... take each day as it comes, do hw at school and come back and make videos if you feel like you are in the creative mood. Obv you dont have to do it straight away, upload it when you are ready.

heres my youtube channel, ill be more active when i move to uni next year.

Spoiler

The thing is, If I do all my work at school, and then come back home, my parents will think that I haven't done any work.
Original post by ProbablyJade
OMG i love the way your videos are edited

Thank you :smile:
Original post by stirkee
You had altercations with your youtube channel?

I see on your intro you're saying new videos weekly. That's step one to prioritising youtube over studying as you are committing in that sense to putting out youtube videos.

You need prioritise working and if you get any free time after doing so, then make a video. Not the other way around.

My old channel had a problem with adsense so I had to close it :/
Im going to upload once a week as I don't really have much time to do 2. The thing is, even with a really good computer, editing takes forever, If I am going to be uploading once a week, the videos have to be amazingly good. Thanks though :smile:
Reply 9
I'm doing AS so haven't reached the A2 difficulty yet, but I'm studying and working too so I have to be really efficient with my time management.

As I work on Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday's (lol i know, I have no life), I tend to get my work done in school and try to fit everything in before I go home so I can semi-chill and study if I need to.

So I'd say set up a schedule which is appropriate to you e.g. Edit on a Saturday and upload on Sunday? Idk, it's all about how you work with the time you have.

If you want good grades you'll obviously prioritise the things which are most important to you. :biggrin:
Original post by k.m.b
I'm doing AS so haven't reached the A2 difficulty yet, but I'm studying and working too so I have to be really efficient with my time management.

As I work on Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday's (lol i know, I have no life), I tend to get my work done in school and try to fit everything in before I go home so I can semi-chill and study if I need to.

So I'd say set up a schedule which is appropriate to you e.g. Edit on a Saturday and upload on Sunday? Idk, it's all about how you work with the time you have.

If you want good grades you'll obviously prioritise the things which are most important to you. :biggrin:

I upload on a Saturday, so I guess I can spend a day editing on Sunday? By the way, I used to work Saturdays and Sundays so don't worry. Thanks :biggrin:
I have a YT channel which doesn't require as much editing as yours, but I record/edit 5-6 videos on a Sunday maybe once a month. I'll then upload bi-weekly, and repeat.

Great content, by the way. You're doing videos in a similar to format as loads of other people, but it still comes across as unique because you're using your own ideas/brand of comedy.

Original post by KabirAhmad
x
Original post by Jasaron
I have a YT channel which doesn't require as much editing as yours, but I record/edit 5-6 videos on a Sunday maybe once a month. I'll then upload bi-weekly, and repeat.

Great content, by the way. You're doing videos in a similar to format as loads of other people, but it still comes across as unique because you're using your own ideas/brand of comedy.

Thank you ever so much :smile: mind telling me your youtube channel so I could check it out?
I have the software and the skills, My computer can handle it, and I can tell you this, being a YouTuber has always been my dream (may seem cliche) but this time around, i'm not going to stop. With your tips, and the tips from other people, I can honestly say it has helped me immensely(thank you) . On average i'm willing to spend 6 hours straight as on average, that's how much time it will take due to the editing.
Thank you so much for the information. Hopefully when I do get bigger, Ill come back to tsr, find you, and mention your help (and the other people ofcourse)
Sure, will do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending