The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading University Food Money.

Hiya, i went to reading university today, and one of the helpers said something about getting £63 per week for food? is this true, and if it is how do we apply for this? Thanks!
Original post by neza99
Hiya, i went to reading university today, and one of the helpers said something about getting £63 per week for food? is this true, and if it is how do we apply for this? Thanks!

Hi, you get it automatically if you stay in catered halls (Windsor/wantage/St pats/dunsden crescent) it is loaded onto a card and you can spend it in certain food outlets on campus instead of having to cook all of your meals :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by AmyAmy123
Hi, you get it automatically if you stay in catered halls (Windsor/wantage/St pats/dunsden crescent) it is loaded onto a card and you can spend it in certain food outlets on campus instead of having to cook all of your meals :smile:

so you don't get it if you get a self catered hall?
Original post by neza99
so you don't get it if you get a self catered hall?

Nope, it's not like a bursary or anything, just the way the catered halls work
Reply 4

oh alright, thank you!! :smile:
Reply 5

How much do you Reckon the food cost? And do you think the £63 pounds could last the whole week?
Original post by Ogtio
How much do you Reckon the food cost? And do you think the £63 pounds could last the whole week?

It depends on the individual. I can make it last year while week as I have my on cereal for breakfasts so am just using it for lunch and dinner. Main meals are £5-6 and lunch can me closer to £2-3 it just depends what you have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending