The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Docjones1
I had them 'certificated', so should i put them once as AS and once at A2? thanks

I sent off my UCAS off last week and you do have to declared both of your AS and A2. I didn't want to declare my AS at first. So my teacher called UCAS up and they said that I have to declare them because they have been certificated .
Original post by Docjones1
I had them 'certificated', so should i put them once as AS and once at A2? thanks

Yes.

It's up to your university to decide if the ASs are important or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you have to declare FMSQ
Original post by KloppOClock
do you have to declare FMSQ

From UCAS web site

Full education history

You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards whether you have the result (even any that were ungraded) or you’re still awaiting exams and results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
From UCAS web site

Full education history

You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards whether you have the result (even any that were ungraded) or you’re still awaiting exams and results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

...****
From UCAS web site

Full education history

So

Enter All AS from AS year

All Full A levels from A2 year

For this year Enter any subjects you are resitting as pending

Posted from TSR Mobile
For future reference (not applying this year but would like to know), what happens if you have two different grades at AS for the same subject but on different exam boards?

Asking because I sat an AS in maths a few years back on Edexcel exam board that I didn't do very well in due to family troubles. And we moved to Wales this year to get away and I'm restarting my AS levels (all WJEC), one of which is maths. So on UCAS would I put both grades or just the most recent one?

Original post by unrealistic
For future reference (not applying this year but would like to know), what happens if you have two different grades at AS for the same subject but on different exam boards?

Asking because I sat an AS in maths a few years back on Edexcel exam board that I didn't do very well in due to family troubles. And we moved to Wales this year to get away and I'm restarting my AS levels (all WJEC), one of which is maths. So on UCAS would I put both grades or just the most recent one?

Both grades are certified qualifications so you'd list both
Is there any consensus as to what do do with new linear AS levels? Since I don't have grades for the individual units, should I just not enter any modules for that AS course?

I've heard it's possible to get unit grades from teachers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamesGibson
Is there any consensus as to what do do with new linear AS levels? Since I don't have grades for the individual units, should I just not enter any modules for that AS course?

I've heard it's possible to get unit grades from teachers.

Just enter them as AS level results. If you don't have module results then don't put them in.

Your referee will explain in your reference which of your results are from linear A levels (ie why they don't have module results) and can highlight any particularly good results.
Hi,
I took a CIE GCSE but never received a certificate from the centre I took it . However, I did receive a statement of results sheet. Do I still need to declare this result to UCAS even though I didn't receive the certificate? If I do, how would I be able to prove to the Uni that I have done the qualification. Is the statement of results enough?
Thanks

This is also considering that UCAS do not receive information from CIE for GCSE results.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MadsonK
Hi,
I took a CIE GCSE but never received a certificate from the centre I took it . However, I did receive a statement of results sheet. Do I still need to declare this result to UCAS even though I didn't receive the certificate? If I do, how would I be able to prove to the Uni that I have done the qualification. Is the statement of results enough?
Thanks

This is also considering that UCAS do not receive information from CIE for GCSE results.

Yes you need to declare the grade.

If you don't have a certificate then contact your exam centre. If they aren't holding them then you need to request a certificate from CIE.
I am applying to medicine. My predictions for my A levels will come from two different institutions. Taking into account that I am only allowed a reference from one institution, how will I provide my predicted grades to UCAS?
Original post by Avempace
I am applying to medicine. My predictions for my A levels will come from two different institutions. Taking into account that I am only allowed a reference from one institution, how will I provide my predicted grades to UCAS?

You need to discuss the situation with the person writing your reference. Unless there is a formal arrangement between them, they may decide not to include it in their formal grade predictions but just state in the reference that they have received a prediction from the other institution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 434
Is there any information on the UCAS website which says explicitly that you must enter your AS grades even if you have already taken the A2 in the same subject, as my teacher doesn't think I should put them down (even though they were all A)?
Thanks
Original post by ejteb
Is there any information on the UCAS website which says explicitly that you must enter your AS grades even if you have already taken the A2 in the same subject, as my teacher doesn't think I should put them down (even though they were all A)?
Thanks

https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/entering-levels-and-levels-your-ucas-application
Hi,

Do AS levels in the new linear courses need to be declared too? When I received my results, only the overall grade was given - not the modular grades or the UMS marks. I got a C in physics and dropped it this year, but I'm not sure if it counts
Original post by JustARandomer123
Hi,

Do AS levels in the new linear courses need to be declared too? When I received my results, only the overall grade was given - not the modular grades or the UMS marks. I got a C in physics and dropped it this year, but I'm not sure if it counts

You declare the C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Module results are optional right? E.g is for s1 m1 c1234 etc?
Original post by metrize
Module results are optional right? E.g is for s1 m1 c1234 etc?

See the first post

Latest

Trending

Trending