The Student Room Group

Should I spend £450 on a phone even if my mum goes mad?

I really want a nice phone and I found a 64gb rose gold iphone 6s plus (its locked to voadfone but still :/) going gor £450. Planning on using my student finance on the phone but I know my mum would hit the roof if she found out..should I just yolo it and buy the phone or save the money?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's your money and you're old enough to make your own decisions.

If you want to buy it, then buy it.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
I really want a nice phone and I found a 64gb rose gold iphone 6s plus (its locked to voadfone but still :/) going gor £450. Planning on using my student finance on the phone but I know my mum would hit the roof if she found out..should I just yolo it and buy the phone or save the money?

I would say two things - do you really need 64 GB vs say, 32 GB?

Also if you don't have a sim contract already, maybe you can get one from Vodafone with that phone or something to make it look like £18 a month or whatever, so that it is almost 'hidden'?
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
It's your money and you're old enough to make your own decisions.

If you want to buy it, then buy it.

Spoiler

iPhone camera quality on snapchat and stuff is sooo much better than android tho
Reply 4
Like anyone ever uses the loan on their studies,i managed to get a brand new sim free s6 edge 64gb from a local shop for £320 i(with my wages) n february you are paying too much if you were savvy you would shop around .
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
Like anyone ever uses the loan on their studies,i managed to get a brand new sim free s6 edge 64gb from a local shop for £320 i(with my wages) n february you are paying too much if you were savvy you would shop around .

I thought 450 quid for a 64gb iphone 6s plus was a bargain :/
agreed with the others. shop around to find a better deal. But at the end of the day, it's your money and your business so do what you want with it. Heck buy china white if you so wish to...

Spoiler

go on smartfonestore they are cheaper

Buy it if you really, really want the phone. Otherwise, buy it then sell it again to make more money.:smile:
Reply 9
I thought 450 quid for a 64gb iphone 6s plus was a bargain :/

Where you looking Ebay? try your local mobile shops also how much to unlock the phone?
You don't need a nicer phone so I wouldn't waste that money just because you can. Instead, go for a functional phone that works just as well and get either a 64gb or 32gb samsung evo sd card or whatever you want. In short, sacrifice some "extra" functionality that hardly anyone cares about or spend more money on something that useless. Honestly, it's your money, make the right decision. Just because you can spend, doesn't mean you should. Will it benefit you in the long-run? Is it a lot more faster? Is it a lot more secure? Is it sturdy?

Weigh up these factors and factors such as do you really need it, and then if need be, spend your money wisely.
Original post by zainyyyyy
go on smartfonestore they are cheaper

Just checked and its more expensive
I just wanted a nice phone man :frown: I've never had one. My phone rn is a smashed s3
lol students have no appreciation for money they never have that much cash in their account before.

You must have loads of money, then. Personally i'd be spending it on books, food and anything else associated with study. You'd better hope you dont need that money in the future.
Wow, you lot are savage..I don't even think I want the phone anymore
450 for sim unlocked?
Just checked and its more expensive

get a samsung s7 edge
Why; so that you can introduce your friends and family to an object even denser than you are? By all means, proceed, but with the understanding that if you should sign on at any point after graduation, I and a coalition of fellow tax-payers will hunt you down and beat you soundly over the head with it.

If you need a new phone, invest in a good one such as the 450 though you may be able to get it cheaper with some deals idk - no problem with that. But if you don't really need it at the moment, why not just save your money?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending