The Student Room Group

My Year 10 Revision Thread To A* 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by MrIso
Oh thanks!!! I go to St Olaves Grammar School which I believe was state school of the year and had student of the year 2015,its not a private school but it basically is in most aspects, just free. I do some revision mostly before tests and if I don't understand everything, but I'll most likely do more soon. I'm sure you'll get those grades if you work hard.

Near Kent?
Reply 161
Original post by mayu123
Near Kent?

Yeah, do you know it?
Original post by MrIso
Yeah, do you know it?

I know it too :smile: I live near Bexley :smile:
Reply 163
Original post by nisha.sri
I know it too :smile: I live near Bexley :smile:
Oh, ok that's cool. I didn't think anyone would know of it here, what's school do you go to. I live in Lewisham BTW xd
Original post by MrIso
Oh, ok that's cool. I didn't think anyone would know of it here, what's school do you go to. I live in Lewisham BTW xd

I wouldn't say it on here so i will pm you :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by nisha.sri
I wouldn't say it on here so i will pm you :smile:

Oh ok that's cool. :smile:
Reply 166
image.jpgMy study picture anyone got theresxD
Original post by peeked
So i assume your in year 10, well I would make your weakest subjects priorities, .

Thank you so much, you have no idea how helpful that is and it makes so much sense.
I don't know about the people at your schools, but most at mine aren't taking this year as serious as it should be. I plan to revise at least an hour each subject, some may say that sounds allot but if I want to achieve what I want to achieve later in life, how i'm feeling or how it's perceived now shouldn't be a factor. I think this goes for allot of you too. Think ahead.
Also i'm not sure about the textbooks, especially cgp they're too expensive ( they're like a tenner each, £30 for three books (triple science)). So i'm sticking to books given by school, like on Kerboodle ( has digital books,for my sciences, Spanish and maths).
I'm not sure if some of you guys are doing this already but seriously the Specification of each subject is super helpful.--- Don't study by time but each topic you cover.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mayu123
image.jpgMy study picture anyone got theresxD

B1.2-3: Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes

IMG_4152.jpg
Reply 169
Original post by MrIso
Yeah, do you know it?

yup yup xD
Reply 170
Original post by D4n.3h
B1.2-3: Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes

IMG_4152.jpg

Thats pretty nice I love it have you got the book ?
Original post by mayu123
Thats pretty nice I love it have you got the book ?

Which book?
Reply 172
Original post by MozartEd
Thank you so much, you have no idea how helpful that is and it makes so much sense.
I don't know about the people at your schools, but most at mine aren't taking this year as serious as it should be. I plan to revise at least an hour each subject, some may say that sounds allot but if I want to achieve what I want to achieve later in life, how i'm feeling or how it's perceived now shouldn't be a factor. I think this goes for allot of you too. Think ahead.
Also i'm not sure about the textbooks, especially cgp they're too expensive ( they're like a tenner each, £30 for three books (triple science)). So i'm sticking to books given by school, like on Kerboodle ( has digital books,for my sciences, Spanish and maths).
I'm not sure if some of you guys are doing this already but seriously the Specification of each subject is super helpful.--- Don't study by time but each topic you cover.

I guess i have started revising:wink: for each subject in the specification have you ?
Yeah but I'm thinking of increasing my studying period overtime slowly if you know what I mean especially since we're starting mini-mocks. How're you finding it so far, the studying and year 10? :smile:
Reply 174
Original post by D4n.3h
Which book?

Like do you have nay revision books you using ?
Reply 175
Yeah but I'm thinking of increasing my studying period overtime slowly if you know what I mean especially since we're starting mini-mocks. How're you finding it so far, the studying and year 10? :smile:

I feel like the study in year 10 is quite difficult and i have to be ahead of whats school is doing and also revise the topics thought in school.I like year 10 thanks xXx How about you xXx xxxddd:biggrin:
Yeah, me too. I'm just scared of burning out too soon, but I guess I've been waiting for this time along time, everything was all about GCSEs and now I've finally started it, it's going good so far I guess. I've just being lagging and I need to work harder and study properly, like no music/ watching tv. How do you study? I mean do you isolate yourself or...
Reply 177
Yeah, me too. I'm just scared of burning out too soon, but I guess I've been waiting for this time along time, everything was all about GCSEs and now I've finally started it, it's going good so far I guess. I've just being lagging and I need to work harder and study properly, like no music/ watching tv. How do you study? I mean do you isolate yourself or...

well i come from school and i have that feeling that lets have some fun then around 5 pm i get on with my work but my brother always distracts meh:frown: IHateIt
then i carry on studying then my mums calls me for dinner and its always in the middle which is annoying and then if i dont go my mum goes nagging I try my best but the best time when i study is after 10 when everyones gone to sleep like my sister and brother but always annoying when you feel like you hear noises coming up the stairs :frown: FREAKS me out!!!But.........:tongue:
i guess im doing well you how about you ?

Spoiler

Reply 178
Original post by mayu123
yup yup xD

From where, do you go to a school nearby?
Original post by mayu123
well i come from school and i have that feeling that lets have some fun then around 5 pm i get on with my work but my brother always distracts meh:frown: IHateIt
then i carry on studying then my mums calls me for dinner and its always in the middle which is annoying and then if i dont go my mum goes nagging I try my best but the best time when i study is after 10 when everyones gone to sleep like my sister and brother but always anWnoying when you feel like you hear noises coming up the stairs :frown: FREAKS me out!!!But.........:tongue:
i guess im doing well you how about you ?

Spoiler

Well for me, I get home from school around 4:30 --- i start studying at 5, depending on if i really get into it i have a break then continue till dinner. Only problem is half of my laptop screen is a tv show the other maths equations. Most people's problem is social media, me, it's films, my kryptonite. Funny thing is with the biggest exams I've ever had, this method has never bothered me. I don't know what to do continue watching tv/listening to music or only textbooks.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest