The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
downtime man. been out 4 nights in a row so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn son
what do you guys think about applying to front office AND back office (as a back up) at the same bank?
Reply 1082
Does anyone know if CITI is open or when it is opening?
Original post by anonymous199
what do you guys think about applying to front office AND back office (as a back up) at the same bank?

apart from Goldman don't think you can?
anyone here from warwick applying for sw? pm
has anyone done the nomura numerical reasoning test? Any tips/free practise sites to use of revise from?
Are people going to write a Deutsche cover letter and attach it with the CV or just do the mandatory questions they ask you? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1087
I'm starting uni this week, what should I give as my expected degree class on my applications given that I haven't taken any exams?
Hey guys,

Do you know when the interviews start in the BB banks ?
Do you guys know when the interviews start in the BB banks ?
Original post by economicss
Are people going to write a Deutsche cover letter and attach it with the CV or just do the mandatory questions they ask you? Thanks :smile:

do it all lad
thats the way its meant
Is a Computer Science degree from KCL acceptable in terms of applying for front office spring weeks??
Original post by nottheone18
Is a Computer Science degree from KCL acceptable in terms of applying for front office spring weeks??

duh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol what? I thought it was more common to do an Economics degree to go into ibd

I thought it was more common to do economics for ibd
Hi guys i am very new to this!! I am about to start my science degree at durham. And i wanted to pursue a career in banking. And i just dunno where to start. Can anyone tell me how to application works ? When i should start applying? Do i havea good chance? And what i could do to make my application better? Extra curriculum? Any other tips? Really anything would help? How hard is it to secure a place? Wherr could i apply to get placements next summer
Original post by nottheone18
I thought it was more common to do economics for ibd

does more common = you have to? no.

the course you do doesn't matter within reason - for like the 6000th time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blessed107
Hi guys i am very new to this!! I am about to start my science degree at durham. And i wanted to pursue a career in banking. And i just dunno where to start. Can anyone tell me how to application works ? When i should start applying? Do i havea good chance? And what i could do to make my application better? Extra curriculum? Any other tips? Really anything would help? How hard is it to secure a place? Wherr could i apply to get placements next summer

Start applying as soon as possible. I dont see how you expect us to be able to decide whether you have a good chance?

Do extracurricular activities like sports or volunteering. It is quite hard to secure a place- usually around 30+ applicants per place so its important to apply to every spring week. What division are you applying for?

The applications have opened and the applciation process is quite simple- there is an online application you need to fill in, then there's a numerical or problem solving test, then there is an interview.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladbants
Start applying as soon as possible. I dont know how you expect us to be able to decide whether you have a good chance?

Do extracurricular activities like sports or volunteering. It is quite hard to secure a place- usually around 30+ applicants per place so its important to apply to every spring week. What division are you applying for?

The applications have opened and the applciation process is quite simple- there is an online application you need to fill in, then there's a numerical or problem solving test, then there is an interview.

Can i apply eventhough i am in my first year? Also i have no idea what divisions there are?and when do applications open and close? And am i too late? And also do i need to make a CV
Original post by blessed107
Can i apply eventhough i am in my first year? Also i have no idea what divisions there are?and when do applications open and close? And am i too late? And also do i need to make a CV

If you're in the first year of a four year degree then you need to apply next year. So you have plenty of time.

If you have no idea what the divisions are, you definitely need to do a lot more research on banking. If you don't know what a banker does, why do you want to become a banker? It's like saying you want to become a doctor without knowing what a doctor does. And yes, of course you need a CV! Not just for banking but for pretty much any job.

Latest

Trending

Trending