The Student Room Group

What could you do with a History degree in the future?

I'm currently in year 12, I'm taking Politics, Russian, Economics and History for A levels. I have loved history all my life and I would like to do it at university but I don't know what job opportunities I would have after with a degree in history so does anyone know? Any feedback is appreciate :smile:
You could go into teaching (whether that be secondary or primary) or into research which could be combined with being with a university lecturer or into some sort of media work like presenting/broadcasting?
Original post by valdokarina
I'm currently in year 12, I'm taking Politics, Russian, Economics and History for A levels. I have loved history all my life and I would like to do it at university but I don't know what job opportunities I would have after with a degree in history so does anyone know? Any feedback is appreciate :smile:

The majority of graduate jobs don't require a specific degree, what they require is some work experience and a good applicationApart from the obvious history teacher, you have a whole number of options available including the civil service, various charity roles such those in events, fundraising, marketing & communications and a whole range of options in the private sector including in accounting, sales and marketing, communications and probably more I haven't thought of. It's also common for History graduates to do the 1 year law conversion course and go onto practise in law as a solicitor or barrister.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending