The Student Room Group

Please help! How to lose weight as a teenager?

I have posted about this before, and as i have said, i have tried everything and yet, i have not lost any weight. I have tried, eating less and healthily, kickboxin, sswimming, gym and even weight loss tea. But nothing has happened... Every time i see pictures of myself it makes me cry how fat i am, and not only am i fat, but I'm also small. (I am 155cm and 56kg). I just feel and look so fat, i tell myself as long as im healthy it's ok... But i just can't !! It makes me so sad and angry! My fat is just so stubborn... I dont get it ! My friends r so unhealthy, like they eat so much junk food yet they r still so skinny ! I've even tried to starve myself !! Doesn't work, nothing works! Please help me !! Thank you ! :smile:))
Original post by beahappybee
I have posted about this before, and as i have said, i have tried everything and yet, i have not lost any weight. I have tried, eating less and healthily, kickboxin, sswimming, gym and even weight loss tea. But nothing has happened... Every time i see pictures of myself it makes me cry how fat i am, and not only am i fat, but I'm also small. (I am 155cm and 56kg). I just feel and look so fat, i tell myself as long as im healthy it's ok... But i just can't !! It makes me so sad and angry! My fat is just so stubborn... I dont get it ! My friends r so unhealthy, like they eat so much junk food yet they r still so skinny ! I've even tried to starve myself !! Doesn't work, nothing works! Please help me !! Thank you ! :smile:))

You havent lost weight because you havent been at a consistent calorific deficit. Its as simple as that.

Eat at a deficit and you will lose over tim

If you have posted about this before then I have almost certainly told you what to do before. If you dont log and weigh your food on a scale then you will never know with any degree of accuracy whether you are at deficit.

You are a teenager though, so if under 18 you need to be careful.

You have a BMI of 23.3 and you are in the normal range of weight

If you want to change your body then lift weights.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending