The Student Room Group

Complimenting a man

Scroll to see replies

that's no fun
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Yeah, usually by thirsty people you should avoid like Ebola.

other than pretty, what physical compliment would you give, in one word?
Original post by WoodyMKC
Just come out, already :tongue:

Good sir, I am not a lesbian :tongue:
Original post by john2054
Beauty comes from the inside anyway.

Not really
Original post by hezzlington
other than pretty, what physical compliment would you give, in one word?

I dunno, beautiful, I guess.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I dunno, beautiful, I guess.

But you just said people who say that should be avoided and are comparable to a life threatening disease....
Not really

sure it does. at least i am brave enough to show my face on my profile pic, OKAY>?
sure it does. at least i am brave enough to show my face on my profile pic, OKAY>?

I have set my face as my profile picture many times, and posted several pictures of me on here.

@xobeauty has seen what I look like

What's your point?
I have set my face as my profile picture many times, and posted several pictures of me on here.

@xobeauty has seen what I look like

What's your point?

my point is that it's not up for you, or me, to decide who is beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is up to our husbands and wife's or girlfriends and boyfriends to tell us that, okay? Get off your high horse thanks!
Yeah guys do get compliments from time to time it does depend on the person though you need to have some qualities in order to receive them.
my point is that it's not up for you, or me, to decide who is beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is up to our husbands and wife's or girlfriends and boyfriends to tell us that, okay? Get off your high horse thanks!

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why aren't I allowed to decide who's beautiful or not? Your statement is so contradictory I literally lol'ed. You're beautiful John. I like my high horse so I'll stay here thank you very much.

:horse: Neighh
But you just said people who say that should be avoided and are comparable to a life threatening disease....

Nah, I'm talking about the thirsty people online that need avoiding, but good effort. :h:
Reply 32
Don't blame you; most girls are ugly, let's be honest. Especially British ones :wink:
Some do? I'm called handsome alot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blue_Mason
It is not common for men to get complimented on their looks.
I get a few compliments, so I am wondering in why men get less compliments?
Women get called cute,sexy and beautiful

I think it's down to the fact that blokes don't expect they as many just DGAF about how they look (i do however that isn't the point)
and it is just not normal for men to receive compliments from anyone but a significant other
Because if you compliment they assume that you fancy them and it creates awkward situations. Also, i see no worth in complimenting someone on their looks anyways, not that i've ever met a man who I felt compelled to tell them they look good other than the ones that i know personally if they asked for my opinion. I don't see it as my (or anybodys) place to say anything regarding a persons appearance if they didn't ask for opinion.
I actually love a guy who wears nice shoes. That'll be the first thing I notice and I'll tell them "You've got some WICKED kicks innit?" xD
All jokes aside, shoes and the aftershave that they're wearing are something I would compliment them on.
Tbh I don't think there are any chavs on TSR lmao
Why would they be on here?

Spoiler

Yeah, but on TSR?

Spoiler

Speak for yourself, I get loads of compliments about my appearence particularly from DILFs, bears and those into leather.

Quick Reply