The Student Room Group

How many tattoos do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unistudent77
Fak, in real life i'd get that but through text man.... So many special snowflakes these days :tongue:

Ohhhhhh, got you. I genuinely thought you meant underneath.

Well i burn easy af so nothing new haha

Yeah, but you gotta use something with SPF, 'cause sunlight works just like a laser... it does sth to the molecules in the pigment

Spoiler

Original post by Moral Decay
It looks horrendously trashy. It may look (debateably) ok in youth but it looks outright scummy in later years. Totally inappropriate for respectable family life.

Depends on what you get, I guess. Or just on your opinions of respectable family life.

Personally, I have no tattoos as I'm currently too young to get any, but I am desperate to get tattoos. I love them. I would hopefully one day get a whole sleeve done.

There's a whole lot of tattoos I'd like, but I think my first one would be of a cat. I love cats and they've been a big part of my life growing up. I think I would like a minimalist cat - maybe just a silhouette or an outline. Maybe I would even have a tattoo of the two cats I grew up with. They're both black cats, but one had black fur underneath his chin, so I'd have them filled in with black but with one having some little white fur under his chin. Something like that. I'm quite fond of animals, and would one day like to have a cockatoo tattooed on me, too.
It looks horrendously trashy. It may look (debateably) ok in youth but it looks outright scummy in later years. Totally inappropriate for respectable family life.

But is does seem as if the whole tattoo thing has really leapt in popularity in the last 3 years or so, pretty much at the same time as this transgender nonsense.

I'll have to disagree with you :h:

Just because you don't like tattoos (or transgenders, but I don't really see the connection here), doesn't mean that they're bad. A tattoo can mean something, if the person who it belongs to likes it, then who cares if everyone else hates it, it'll mean something positive to them. They aren't always there just to look 'cool' or whatever, they're there because the person likes it, maybe because it means something to them.

You can be 'respectable' even if you have some ink permanently on your skin. I don't really see how you think it's inappropriate?

My friend got a tattoo with a quote from a story her sister wrote her. The last story before she decided she couldn't live anymore. How in any way is that trashy? How would it be 'scummy'? That is honestly beautiful, and it's a lovely testament to her sister.
Original post by Gogregg

Just because you don't like tattoos (or transgenders, but I don't really see the connection here), doesn't mean that they're bad. A tattoo can mean something, if the person who it belongs to likes it, then who cares if everyone else hates it, it'll mean something positive to them. They aren't always there just to look 'cool' or whatever, they're there because the person likes it, maybe because it means something to them.

You can be 'respectable' even if you have some ink permanently on your skin. I don't really see how you think it's inappropriate?

My friend got a tattoo with a quote from a story her sister wrote her. The last story before she decided she couldn't live anymore. How in any way is that trashy? How would it be 'scummy'? That is honestly beautiful, and it's a lovely testament to her sister.

Over 20 on both sides of my upper and lower arms, both sides. I'm not bothered what other people think about them. I knew they were for life when i had them!
Original post by john2054
Over 20 on both sides of my upper and lower arms, both sides. I'm not bothered what other people think about them. I knew they were for life when i had them!

Exactly! If you like them, who cares what anyone else thinks!

I don't have any yet (still only 17, I'll probably get some while at uni if I have spare funds :lol:) but I plan on getting something, it's just a matter of what and where :u:
Original post by Gogregg
Exactly! If you like them, who cares what anyone else thinks!

I don't have any yet (still only 17, I'll probably get some while at uni if I have spare funds :lol:) but I plan on getting something, it's just a matter of what and where :u:

I had most of my tats in 2004/05 when few people had them. Now adays they are all the rage!
Original post by Rhaenys10
Yeah, but you gotta use something with SPF, 'cause sunlight works just like a laser... it does sth to the molecules in the pigment

Spoiler

Yeah, well you can use suncream on top of fake tan... (Not that i'd know, quickly looks away...)

Yup, thanks for clarifying that you aren't 12 haha

People on here are pretty young though so you have to be careful.... If you're someone who just says what they think/gives advice on anything, like me
Yeah, well you can use suncream on top of fake tan... (Not that i'd know, quickly looks away...)

Yup, thanks for clarifying that you aren't 12 haha

People on here are pretty young though so you have to be careful.... If you're someone who just says what they think/gives advice on anything, like me

wtf is the deal with your fake tan obsession?=)) are you a kardashian or what?
Original post by Profesh

that looks like it was drawn on in black marker pen im afraid!
wtf is the deal with your fake tan obsession?=)) are you a kardashian or what?

Sorry bby, i hoped you'd check me into rehab.... Plez?

Nah, that would be incest. As i'd smash Kim.... Khole (nowadays)......
Oh go on then, i'd **** Kourtney too :wink:
None, I'm just really not a fan of getting ink ingrained in my skin.
Sorry bby, i hoped you'd check me into rehab.... Plez?

Nah, that would be incest. As i'd smash Kim.... Khole (nowadays)......
Oh go on then, i'd **** Kourtney too :wink:

So that makes you Rob Kardashian?=)))Wow, sucks to be you
Original post by john2054
that looks like it was drawn on in black marker pen im afraid!

Super-imposed using Photoshop, actually—and a variation on this:

Although, yes, I'd probably re-draw it as a simplified vector prior to commissioning any actual ink.
So that makes you Rob Kardashian?=)))Wow, sucks to be you

Idk what state Rob is in atm so not sure whether that's good or not.

Back when he went out with Rita Ora and that, Rob was pretty cool.

Then it went south for him.

And yes, this means i have watched 'keeping up with the kardashians'.
Episodes are (were) interesting ngl so meh.

Ain'ters gonna ain't
Idk what state Rob is in atm so not sure whether that's good or not.

Back when he went out with Rita Ora and that, Rob was pretty cool.

Then it went south for him.

And yes, this means i have watched 'keeping up with the kardashians'.
Episodes are (were) interesting ngl so meh.

Ain'ters gonna ain't

you do like some drama, don't you lol?=))
Reply 95
Original post by Ladbants
None, I'm just really not a fan of getting ink ingrained in my skin.

Wow, good for you, you don't like thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok so so far most people want tats but don't have

and only one other person than myself on here has more than 3 tats

but who????

:ninja:

@otherperson lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gogregg

:congrats:
Imagine though if your grandchildren see them in 40 years time. Just sayin

??
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I have 0 but I want to get one on my chest that says something, not really sure what though. Not sure :biggrin:

Across the chest, that's some prison type **** you beast lool

Original post by saraxh
Makeup can be removed at the end of the day but tattoos cannot be. :redface:

whatever the point is it's about enhancement :rolleyes: don't put the ":redface:" like you dont mean anything by it either, that's so annoying honestly

Quick Reply

Latest