The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryRedhead
Why is there so much division between these two countries? I know there are users from both countries on TSR so I'm just curious to know what's going on here and the underlying political causation. I know there has been a recent event with the Indian army invading Pakistan to eradicate terrorists but how far back does it go?

Its all Hindustan fam. Its a British created problem cos of Lord Mountbatten (possible paedophile connection) and the partition. Northern India and Pakistan are ethno-culturally similar anyway and are distinct from Dravidian southerners racially, linguistically and culturally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Two countries obsessed with Kashmir
Original post by BuckFoy
Two countries obsessed with Kashmir

Kashmir?
Original post by Moral Decay
Its all Hindustan fam. Its a British created problem cos of Lord Mountbatten (possible paedophile connection) and the partition. Northern India and Pakistan are ethane-culturally similar anyway and are distinct from Dravidian southerners racially, linguistically and culturally.

Partition? What partition? How long ago is this going back?
70 or so years
and india want kashmir back, right?

idek, i cant keep up with all this news.lol
Why is there so much division between these two countries? I know there are users from both countries on TSR so I'm just curious to know what's going on here and the underlying political causation. I know there has been a recent event with the Indian army invading Pakistan to eradicate terrorists but how far back does it go?

You shouldn't even post about this anymore.
Original post by Oxidation
You shouldn't even post about this anymore.

Why? I want to know what's going on?
Oh it's just so uninteresting. I don't know how you still keep up with this.
Reply 11
Original post by Oxidation
Oh it's just so uninteresting. I don't know how you still keep up with this.

Different people want to find out about different things. Wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Both represent different ideals and side with different major powers. I would much rather India remains on top of the whole fiasco though, a dominant Pakistan is very bad news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Rintoxlinox999
I wish the Indian army will kill as many of those pakistanis as possible, and that no Indian will be hurt.

Get off this planet psychopath

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kashmir?

How can one be this ignorant?
Original post by Aztec123
How can one be this ignorant?

One does not normally take much of an interest in the intercountry affairs of Pakistan and India
India would wipe the floor with Pakistan if it came down to it.

We used to be one big country called British India with Bangladesh and Myanmar(Burma) included too. Then one man decided Muslims weren't being treated fairly in India so wanted to a make separate country for them, the British agreed and gave Pakistan independence a day before India in August 1947.
There was plenty of bloodshed on both sides during the split of the two countries.
The two countries have had numerous wars since with India winning the majority of them.
Major wars happened in the 70's.
Kashmir is a region that was supposed to go to Pakistan but it was split between the two countries and Pakistan keeps saying it wants all of Kashmir due to a Muslim majority even in the Indian part.
Pakistan also does terrorist attacks on major Indian cities.
Can't remember exactly but there was a recent terrorist attack from Pakistan to India first, then Indian army sent those soldiers in to kill the terrorists, although this news is all from the Indian side. Pakistan say they don't really know what happened at the border.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
India would wipe the floor with Pakistan if it came down to it.

They would, and I wish it will actually happen.

I can give you the simplest answer that is as close to the truth as you'll ever get, the rest of the puzzle will assemble itself very easily afterwards:
R-E-L-I-G-I-O-N

There are other reasons too but religion is the predominant one:
Fighting during the migration after the partition: RELIGION
Kashmir conflict: RELIGION
Key demographic differences between the countries: RELIGION

This is going to get repetitive, I'm going to stop here.

Latest

Trending

Trending