The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eternalflames
We used to be one big country called British India with Bangladesh and Myanmar(Burma) included too. Then one man decided Muslims weren't being treated fairly in India so wanted to a make separate country for them, the British agreed and gave Pakistan independence a day before India in August 1947.
There was plenty of bloodshed on both sides during the split of the two countries.
The two countries have had numerous wars since with India winning the majority of them.
Major wars happened in the 70's.
Kashmir is a region that was supposed to go to Pakistan but it was split between the two countries and Pakistan keeps saying it wants all of Kashmir due to a Muslim majority even in the Indian part.
Pakistan also does terrorist attacks on major Indian cities.
Can't remember exactly but there was a recent terrorist attack from Pakistan to India first, then Indian army sent those soldiers in to kill the terrorists, although this news is all from the Indian side. Pakistan say they don't really know what happened at the border.

Ah I understand now :biggrin: that was very helpful, thank you :smile:
Reply 21
Basically, pakistan terrorising the citizens and country of India, trying to steal land and essentially just be everything anti-indian, to the point of destroying temples and historic monuments, supporting separtist and islamic extremist groups in india, persecuting minority groups such as sufis and ahmadis and christians, etc.

Pakistan has the aim to destabilise india. Also the fact that kashmir essentially got taken over by muslims and the hindu population driven and wiped out by insurgents from pakistan.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AngryRedhead
Why is there so much division between these two countries? I know there are users from both countries on TSR so I'm just curious to know what's going on here and the underlying political causation. I know there has been a recent event with the Indian army invading Pakistan to eradicate terrorists but how far back does it go?

They fight over Kashmir, a Muslim majority region which is split in half between the two countries. Lots of Kashmiris in the Indian half don't want to be part of India and instead want their side of Kashmir to join Pakistan or become an independent state. It dates back to when the two countries were founded in 1947.

In the last month the Indian army/police have been going berserk in Kashmir, approxiatemly 70+ Kashmiri anti-India protestors have been killed by them. http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/kashmir-curfew-enters-day-50-death-toll-rises-to-70/story-GaRf2GcdiBtxYZrTLSjnqM.html
2 weeks ago an attack on an army base in Indian Kashmir killed 18 Indian soldiers, and India immiediately blamed Pakistan for it even though they had no evidence and still don't. This was enough to rile the Indian public up and many of their top politicians and celebrities were calling for India to go to war with Pakistan. India's Hindu nationalist Prime Minister was also under pressure to attack Pakistan from his whackjob supporters.
India has since then claimed it carried out a "surgical attack" on Pakistani soil but Pakistan denies this and says it was just a regular exchange of fire. The UN has also denied this https://www.geo.tv/latest/116502-UN-mission-finds-no-proof-of-Indian-surgical-strike-claims
An Indian soldier also got captured and is now being held in captivity by the Pakistanis.
In another hysterical move, Indian film producers also decided to ban Pakistani actors from their films. In return, Pakistan banned Bollywood movies form its cinemas.
And now it's still ongoing.
Reply 23
Makes a good cricket match though.
Original post by Rintoxlinox999
Go India.

Show those muslim terrorists.

I wish no Indian soldier will be hurt.
And I am not Indian and not from India.

Long live pakistan! I am kashmiri and india has no right to impose its will on my people, we want freedom! Down with the indian terrorists!
Hatred ever since the 1947 partition since civilians suffered major attacks during this country division process.

It's crazy how this was almost 70 years ago and they still hate each other. Though I guess now majority of the hatred exists because both countries have benchods that still argue over a bit of land from when they split.

muslims *cough* terrorism *cough* sounds familiar *cough*.

Isn't it funny you had to make an account to post this sorta stuff. :frown: Your life is sad, we gerrit.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wish the Indian army will kill as many of those pakistanis as possible, and that no Indian will be hurt.

:lol: thats not how war works :lol: people will be killed from both sides... so its better not to have any war and just leave it which is not gonna happen :holmes:
don't forget to keep up with the news because you'll be getting information from indians and Pakistanis and you can't really rely on both :lol: (depends on the person :holmes: ) people are making dupes to support their fav country but watch bbc, i think they should have this news :lol:
I'm Sikh and it's mainly because of the history. Muslims have killed our Guru so people resent them for it. They were trying to convert Sikhs to becoming Muslims, Sikh refused to do so and they were killed unfortunately.

Watch Chaar Sahibzaade. It tells the story of how it happened and everything, very heartbreaking and touching to watch. It should be available in English.

I don't personally try to hate Muslims, but the history is just shocking for me to get past sometimes.

In addition to this, Sikhs were attacked again in 1984 and just google it. Everything should come up, I don't really want to go into as I'll get upset.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aztec123
They fight over Kashmir, a Muslim majority region which is split in half between the two countries. Lots of Kashmiris in the Indian half don't want to be part of India and instead want their side of Kashmir to join Pakistan or become an independent state. It dates back to when the two countries were founded in 1947.

There are Kashmiris in Pakistan occupied Kashmir that also do not want to be part of Pakistan.
According to a survey by the Royal Institute of International Affairs also known as Chatham House 44% of Kashmiris in the Azad Kashmir part of PoK want Independence and 50% want to join Pakistan. Although Gilgit-Baltistan region was not surveyed.
In Indian controlled Jammu and Kashmir 43% wanted independence and 28% wanted to accede India. Only 2% wanted to join Pakistan.
Admittedly the number who want to join Pakistan in PoK is higher than the number in J&K who want to join India.

2 weeks ago an attack on an army base in Indian Kashmir killed 18 Indian soldiers, and India immiediately blamed Pakistan for it even though they had no evidence and still don't.

India did not blame Pakistan, it blamed Jaish-e-Mohammad, a terrorist organisation operating in Pakistani occupied Kashmir. Jaish-e-Mohammad has been designated as a terrorist organisation by Australia, Canada, India, UAE, UK, United Nations and USA.
By thinking that India blaming a terrorist organisation is the same as India blaming Pakistan means you see "terrorist organisation" and "Pakistan" to be the same thing. Congratulations on scoring such a spectacular own goal! :clap2: :rofl:

Also the Indian National Investigation Agency caught two individuals from Pakistan occupied Kashmir who helped 4 Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists to cross over the LoC.
India's Ministry of External Affairs summoned Abdul Basit who is Pakistan's High Commissioner to India and handed over the proof. The foreign secretary said that India was ready to provide Pakistan with consular access to the arrested individuals.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
I'm Sikh and it's mainly because of the history. Muslims have killed our god so people resent them for it. They were trying to convert Sikhs to becoming Muslims, Sikh refused to do so and they were killed unfortunately.

Watch Chaar Sahibzaade. It tells the story of how it happened and everything, very heartbreaking and touching to watch. It should be available in English.

I don't personally try to hate Muslims, but the history is just shocking for me to get past sometimes.

In addition to this, Sikhs were attacked again in 1984 and just google it. Everything should come up, I don't really want to go into as I'll get upset.

Sister i am a amritdhari sikh who lives in India( Chandigarh) yes i absolutely agree with you, the whole purpose of the creation of khalsa by Guru Gobind Singh was to defend not only our newly formed sikh people but also other religions especially our hindu people who at the time were being oppressed and forcefully converted , Guru teg bahadur died for kashmiri pundits his skin was peeled, he was boiled and killed but he never agreed to convert. Therefore i think it has always been our responsibility to defend our Hindu brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers and i think our gurus would have wanted the same ( we still do so togeather our Hindu, Buddhists and Jain brothers as the large number of The indian military consists of Sikhs)
if any of them were alive today.
Chaar sahibzaade is a very sad movie and it makes mef eel really sad :frown: everytime i watch it.
Indeed we will never get over it.

Yes what happened in 1984 was extremely horrible, and the so called khalisthani movement was although never supported by the a big number, ( fortunately it has totally died out now)horrible aswell all because this one lunatic Bhindranwala and also Indra Gandhi and the psudo- liberal Congress , sikhs turning against the people they were created to defend and siding with our real enemy. It was a period of great sadness for us, thankfully this period will never return again i can say this with confidence as things have changed.
Although i think there is no need to hate indian Muslims, they are not the ones who want to restore the mughal empire its the leaders and military of the islamic Caliphate republic of Pakistan , those are the ones we gotta hate. Sorry if this was too long and depressing, just want to share my thoughts.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Idunno99
Sister i am a amritdhari sikh who lives in India( Chandigarh) yes i absolutely agree with you, the whole purpose of the creation of khalsa by Guru Gobind Singh was to defend not only our newly formed sikh people but also other religions especially our hindu people who at the time were being oppressed and forcefully converted , Guru teg bahadur died for kashmiri pundits his skin was peeled, he was boiled and killed but he never agreed to convert. Therefore i think it has always been our responsibility to defend our Hindu brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers and i think our gurus would have wanted the same ( we still do so togeather our Hindu, Buddhists and Jain brothers as the large number of The indian military consists of Sikhs)
if any of them were alive today.
Chaar sahibzaade is a very sad movie and it makes mef eel really sad :frown: everytime i watch it.
Indeed we will never get over it.

Yes what happened in 1984 was extremely horrible, and the so so called khalisthani movement was although never supported by the a big number, ( fortunately it has totally died out now)horrible aswell all because this one lunatic Bhindranwala and Indra Gandhi and the the psudo- liberal Congress , sikhs turning against the people they were created to defend and siding with our real enemy. It was a period of great sadness for us, thankfully this period will never return again i can say this with confidence as things have changed.
Although i think there is no need to hate indian Muslims, they are not the ones who want to restore the mughal empire its the leaders and military of the islamic republic of Pakistan , those are the ones we gotta hate. Sorry if this was too long

Don't worry about it, it's fine :smile:

I don't think the hatred is anything to do with Kashmir. It's mainly because of what happened when Musims killed our Gods because they refused to convert. They are known to convert people from other religions also. I don't think Sikhs will ever overcome this trade by. Chaar Sahibzaade just makes me cry so much!

What makes me feel worse is no one came to protect Sikhs from Muslims. However I guess, it paid off in the end in a way because Sikh is seen as a peaceful religion and barely in the media compared to Muslims.

I have friends from different religions and cultures, they all seem to love Indian food and the culture. 8 was watching a programme (Wendy Williams) and she was explaining her outfit, when said she's wearing a "turban". I was like 🙄🙄🙄🙄 .. Then I googled it and she was wearing a "turban headband". Out of all things to call it, they settle on "turban" but it didn't offend me too much I guess as she wasn't saying anything bad towards/about Sikhs.

As I mentioned I "try" not to hate Muslims because it's not good to do, although it's hard too as everything that's happened in the past.

http://www.sikhs.org/guru5.htm
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Moral Decay
Its a British created problem...
no, the Muslim /Sikh/Hindu hatred was already there, that's why something had to be done.

p.s. do Muslims choose not to eat Indian curry?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
Don't worry about it, it's fine :smile:

I don't think the hatred is anything to do with Kashmir. It's mainly because of what happened when Musims killed our Gods because they refused to convert. They are known to convert people from other religions also. I don't think Sikhs will ever overcome this trade by. Chaar Sahibzaade just makes me cry so much!

What makes me feel worse is no one came to protect Sikhs from Muslims. However I guess, it paid off in the end in a way because Sikh is seen as a peaceful religion and barely in the media compared to Muslims.

I have friends from different religions and cultures, they all seem to love Indian food and the culture. 8 was watching a programme (Wendy Williams) and she was explaining her outfit, when said she's wearing a "turban". I was like 🙄🙄🙄🙄 .. Then I googled it and she was wearing a "turban headband". Out of all things to call it, they settle on "turban" but it didn't offend me too much I guess as she wasn't saying anything bad towards/about Sikhs.

As I mentioned I "try" not to hate Muslims because it's not good to do, although it's hard too as everything that's happened in the past.

Yes no one came to protect Sikhs because the conditions were such then, but i think we did defend not only ourselves But hindus aswell very well ever since the start of Khalsa by our last guru gobind singh jee, he turned us harmeless cats into ferocious Tigers in the battlefield, we had our golden years under maharaja Ranjit Singh who extended our Sikh empire from Delhi to kashmir, Peshawar to pakistani punjab and sindh and well into Tibet in the North, UP& Bihar in the east.
Now we are proud to be citizens of this secular Democratic country so great India with such a rich history, and such a bright future, we happily lay down own lives to defend it
Being peaceful and tolerant was not working then and it is not working now, so i think we need to change our approach towards Pakistan. They have shown us again and again that peace and talking does not work with them and they only understand their own language, which is that of aggression and war. We( sikh, hindus,buddhists,Indian Muslims, jains,parsis) have never wanted anything but peace.
Yes i totally agree with you that we should try to not hate them but indeed it is is very hard not to we should still try our best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Idunno99
Yes no one came to protect Sikhs because the conditions were such then, but i think we did defend not only ourselves But hindus aswell very well ever since the start of Khalsa by our last guru gobind singh jee, he turned us harmeless cats into ferocious Tigers in the battlefield, we had our golden years under maharaja Ranjit Singh who extended our Sikh empire from Delhi to kashmir, Peshawar to pakistani punjab and sindh and well into Tibet in the North, UP& Bihar in the east.
Now we are proud to be citizens of this secular Democratic country so great with such a rich history, and such a bright future, we happily lay down own lives to defend it
Being peaceful and tolerant was not working then and it is not working now, so i think we need to change our approach towards Pakistan. They have shown us again and again that peace and talking does not work with them and they only understand their own language, which is that of aggression and war. We( sikh, hindus,buddhists,Indian Muslims, jains,parsis) have never wanted anything but peace.
Yes i totally agree with you that we should try to not hate them but indeed it is is very hard not to we should still try our best.

I would rep you if I could.

I do agree with you, peace doesn't work with them at all. I guess they have received their karma because on TSR and all over the media there are countless articles about Muslim hatred etc. I necessarily don't agree with it all, because there's good and bad in every religion. In the media, Sikhs are rarely talked about and OFTEN confused with Muslims and other religions. Pisses me off.

I guess the only way we can do anything good, is try to bring peace and promote it :smile:
Original post by RobML
Different people want to find out about different things. Wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah fair enough. Look at these people though talking ill and being racist to the other country.
Original post by Indian_Muslim

India did not blame Pakistan, it blamed Jaish-e-Mohammad, a terrorist organisation operating in Pakistani occupied Kashmir. Jaish-e-Mohammad has been designated as a terrorist organisation by Australia, Canada, India, UAE, UK, United Nations and USA.
By thinking that India blaming a terrorist organisation is the same as India blaming Pakistan means you see "terrorist organisation" and "Pakistan" to be the same thing. Congratulations on scoring such a spectacular own goal! :clap2: :rofl:
Uh, except it did blame Pakistan.

India directly accused Pakistan of being behind Sunday's separatist attack on an army base in Kashmir that killed 17 soldier.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/18/seventeen-indian-soldiers-and-four-militants-killed-in-kashmir-a/
Original post by Ishax
It's mainly because of what happened when Musims killed our Gods because they refused to convert.

Don't you mean your Gurus? Or do Sikhs view their Gurus as being Gods?
India and Pakistan have had many disputes over the centuries so.
Original post by SubZero~
India and Pakistan have had many disputes over the centuries so.

They haven't even been around for centuries.

Latest

Trending

Trending