The Student Room Group

HELP!!! My a level subjs combinations for Law

I'm currently taking 3 subjects which are Sociology, Art and History.I wanted to do Law at uni but i'm worried if my arts will prohibit(won't qualify my points for it) my chance of getting into the career i wanted to have. I took art as I enjoy it for leisure but Law is still something i wanna do in the future. I know History and sociology are good combis for law since theyre an essay based subjs. but would 2 related subjs be enough?I saw the entry requirement for southampton uni but they excluded design subjects like arts but some unis didn't mentioned anything. Btw, ive asked my teacher bout it and said it was fine but im still in doubt. P.S I've reposted this since i people barely seen my old post huhu
Original post by KJH0309
I'm currently taking 3 subjects which are Sociology, Art and History.I wanted to do Law at uni but i'm worried if my arts will prohibit(won't qualify my points for it) my chance of getting into the career i wanted to have. I took art as I enjoy it for leisure but Law is still something i wanna do in the future. I know History and sociology are good combis for law since theyre an essay based subjs. but would 2 related subjs be enough?I saw the entry requirement for southampton uni but they excluded design subjects like arts but some unis didn't mentioned anything. Btw, ive asked my teacher bout it and said it was fine but im still in doubt. P.S I've reposted this since i people barely seen my old post huhu

You should contact the individual unis direct to check. Imo many unis will not view it as an academic subject and will have a definite prejudice against it. Take soemthing else that is more academic.
Law is the sort of subject for which universities often aren't explicitly bothered which subjects you've taken. Recommendable is History (which you have) and another essay subject (often English Literature, as it's the most academic, but I can't see Sociology being a problem here). On very few courses are there requirements for three A-Levels to be in a specific subject, but on most courses there are requirements for three A-Levels to have a certain achievement level (AAA, ABB, etc.).

Do you enjoy Art? Would you want to continue it for the rest of Sixth Form? It's not a 'facilitating' subject, but it's recognised as being a very difficult one (particularly in terms of time management with coursework), so I cannot see having it holding you back, provided you get a good grade.

Don't drop anything you don't want to drop - you'll only live to regret it!
Original post by SummerStrawberry
Law is the sort of subject for which universities often aren't explicitly bothered which subjects you've taken. Recommendable is History (which you have) and another essay subject (often English Literature, as it's the most academic, but I can't see Sociology being a problem here). On very few courses are there requirements for three A-Levels to be in a specific subject, but on most courses there are requirements for three A-Levels to have a certain achievement level (AAA, ABB, etc.).

Do you enjoy Art? Would you want to continue it for the rest of Sixth Form? It's not a 'facilitating' subject, but it's recognised as being a very difficult one (particularly in terms of time management with coursework), so I cannot see having it holding you back, provided you get a good grade.

Don't drop anything you don't want to drop - you'll only live to regret it!

Think tou will find it will make it more difficult and there will be a prejudice against art becayse its not academic enough. They should check with the Uni direct.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending