The Student Room Group

Big Dilemma

This is quite a long post but I need help regarding this situation.*

There's a guy who admittedly I like quite a bit. We started off very casually just before summer and back then it felt like I definitely liked him more than he did me, he had walls emotionally up too. I said to him "you won't wait for me all summer" thinking of course he'll find someone else that he prefers. Guy said he would wait and me thinking "yeah yeah" just brushed it aside.

We went all summer with on off contact. A lot of it was me initiating but I'll put my hands up and say i snapped at him a lot of the time when he was trying to make conversation so he became a bit of my punching bag. I slept with two guys really stupidly while I was drunk and at the time I didn't think much of it but when summer ended and I moved back to where the guy is. I find out from him and a friend that he waited all summer for me.

I'm not sure but I think this guy only wants me and no one else, his walls have completely come down and if anything it may be the opposite now of who likes the other more. I called him the other day while I was drunk at 2 and he came and picked me up and brought me home. He waited until 5/6 and then left which I at the time flipped out on thinking he betrayed me but looking back he said he was making sure I was okay and that nothing would happen. Still a bit annoyed that he left but I guess he wanted to spare me the embarrassment?

*What do I do with this guy? I'm scared to let myself fall in love again but I really like him. Is it unfair on him to make him wait ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bryci
x

In short, if you really like him, don't just hold back on your emotions; wouldn't you rather you entered the relationship despite your fears, or hold back and lose the possible opportunity of happiness with this guy? He might seem slightly upset (maybe?) with the waiting, but make sure you are both ready for it first. There's no point in rushing the relationship.
All the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Matrix123
In short, if you really like him, don't just hold back on your emotions; wouldn't you rather you entered the relationship despite your fears, or hold back and lose the possible opportunity of happiness with this guy? He might seem slightly upset (maybe?) with the waiting, but make sure you are both ready for it first. There's no point in rushing the relationship.
All the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do really like him. I'm just very scared about getting hurt again. He says he's willing to wait but is that fair on him?*
Original post by Bryci
I do really like him. I'm just very scared about getting hurt again. He says he's willing to wait but is that fair on him?*

OK, so you might get hurt, but if you hold back, you're just going to be here in the same place, correct? If things (for some reason or another) don't go as well as you had hoped, at least you tried. That's all you can do - try your best, and hopefully things will work out.
He seems to like you, you seem to like him. Certain events from the past might not be fair on him (I take it you won't get drunk and sleep with any more guys after this?) That's in the past now. So, if you can see a future with this guy and are willing to work at the relationship, go for it - you'll both be in it together. If you're not sure and go in half heartedly, then that's not fair on him. It depends on what you'd be willing to do.
Just be honest with him with where you're at so he knows what's going on :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Show some damn respect to this guy. He came over at a very late time just to make sure you were okay and didn't take advantage of you yet you still went off on him? *

This guy its very clear to see likes/loves you.
(edited 7 years ago)
spare him the heartbreak and leave him for the better - he doesn't deserve someone like you who can't even understand his love he's way better of without you just leave him alone and go make someone else your punching bag. :/
Reply 6
I really don't mean to hurt him guys, I myself know this guy is going all out for me and I did treat him pretty poorly. :frown:

Original post by Bryci
I really don't mean to hurt him guys, I myself know this guy is going all out for me and I did treat him pretty poorly. :frown:

Then what is the dilemma. This guy is cares a lot probably more than he should for someone like you. Take the risk to try and find happiness because if you don't you'll wonder what could have been. Don't be that person who loses someones love.
The answer is so obvious that its puzzling how you don't see it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending