The Student Room Group

GAMSAT for mature students...

Hi all, I am in my late 30s and work as a level 3 HCA at present. I would love to go to medical school, but don't have the a-levels to do so, plus it has been many years since I did mine.

Plymouth is my closest uni and would suit my family situation if I could get in.

My question is, even without the correct a-levels etc, would I be considered entry (subject to interview etc), on a strong GAMSAT result.

If I read everything correctly, this does seem to be the case.

Thx
Lee
Original post by LeeDJC
Hi all, I am in my late 30s and work as a level 3 HCA at present. I would love to go to medical school, but don't have the a-levels to do so, plus it has been many years since I did mine.

Plymouth is my closest uni and would suit my family situation if I could get in.

My question is, even without the correct a-levels etc, would I be considered entry (subject to interview etc), on a strong GAMSAT result.

If I read everything correctly, this does seem to be the case.

Thx
Lee

Do you have a degree?
Reply 2
Original post by ASupertramp
Do you have a degree?

Unfortunately not
Reply 3
Original post by realtimme
If you meet Plymouths GAMSAT cut-off, then no other measures of academic ability are applied i.e. you do not need any GCSEs, A-Levels or Degree. You will obviously still have to get through the interview stage.

Sounds good! Thanks
Reply 4
You will need to revise and practise a lot. Plymouth and Exeter have both had pretty high GAMSAT cutoffs (higher than some GEM courses which are notoriously difficult) in the past.

It seems as though you have done your research. If you have any GAMSAT questions drop me a PM or check my thread from last years GAMSAT here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3022525

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending