The Student Room Group

Hungarian migrant quota referendum, 2016

Tomorrow on October the 2nd will be referendum on the migrant quota in Hungary. It will be a festival of democracy and yet the left-wingers and europhiles are freaking out. Having a lot of sleepless nights.

The left-wingers understandably know they are losing a country for potential cultural enrichment so they are butthurt. The Europhiles are scared even more as the referendum will directly opposing the EU Commission`s dictate so it will transfer more power to the national parliaments.

This is not the first time Hungarians opposed a great power. Back in 1956 the left sent tanks to Budapest to crush a peoples` uprising. Now, 60 years later Hungary is standig up again against an imperial power made of unelected bearuocrats in Brussel, this time without weapons but with a bailout instead.

The oppositionaries to the peoples` plebiscite (mainly extreme left-winger and foreign paid NGOs) tried to prevent the referendum by making a complain to the Constitutional cour. Their complain was rejected.

I hope this will inspire other EU nations to stand up for democracy and national souveregnity. Viva la revolucion.

Here are the polls:
https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016-os_magyarorsz%C3%A1gi_n%C3%A9pszavaz%C3%A1s#K.C3.B6zv.C3.A9lem.C3.A9ny-kutat.C3.A1sok

While the referendum results should not be in question, the main issue will be the aftermath. I am sure the Brussels would not do anything.

Here is a source from BBC, but be carefull it is biased as hell. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36711693
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No-one wants the migrants, not after France, Germany, Sweden ... terrorism, sex attacks, and general lowering of living standards for everyone ain't a good thing.
Original post by slaven
Tomorrow on October the 2nd will be referendum on the migrant quota in Hungary. It will be a festival of democracy and yet the left-wingers and europhiles are freaking out. Having a lot of sleepless nights.

The left-wingers understandably know they are losing a country for potential cultural enrichment so they are butthurt. The Europhiles are scared even more as the referendum will directly opposing the EU Commission`s dictate so it will transfer more power to the national parliaments.

This is not the first time Hungarians opposed a great power. Back in 1956 the left sent tanks to Budapest to crush a peoples` uprising. Now, 60 years later Hungary is standig up again against an imperial power made of unelected bearuocrats in Brussel, this time without weapons but with a bailout instead.

The oppositionaries to the peoples` plebiscite (mainly extreme left-winger and foreign paid NGOs) tried to prevent the referendum by making a complain to the Constitutional cour. Their complain was rejected.

I hope this will inspire other EU nations to stand up for democracy and national souveregnity. Viva la revolucion.

Here are the polls:
https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016-os_magyarorsz%C3%A1gi_n%C3%A9pszavaz%C3%A1s#K.C3.B6zv.C3.A9lem.C3.A9ny-kutat.C3.A1sok

While the referendum results should not be in question, the main issue will be the aftermath. I am sure the Brussels would not do anything.

Here is a source from BBC, but be carefull it is biased as hell. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36711693

If Hungarians didn't want an 'imperial power made of unelected bearuocrats in Brussel' to 'dictate' over them (both false claims) then they shouldn't have voted 80%+ in favour of joining the European Union.

Democracy my ass. Democracy when it suits you.
Reply 3
Original post by SHallowvale
If Hungarians didn't want an 'imperial power made of unelected bearuocrats in Brussel' to 'dictate' over them (both false claims) then they shouldn't have voted 80%+ in favour of joining the European Union.

When Hungary and every other country joined the EU the main motive was economic cooperation. That was what Brussel was promising. There was no a single word about any refugees and the hungarian people never voted that they wish to have migrants in their country.

Orban pointed out that the quotas are in fact illegal according to EU law yet this fact is ignored.
Original post by SHallowvale

So (generalisation hat on), Hungarians are generally (cannot stress this seriously enough, so nobody has any excuse for bringing up the exceptions of Hungarians who aren't like this) fiercely nationalistic. So when Hungarians voted for joining the EU you must understand that it was done (quite reasonably and rationally) with the goal of pure self interest. Hungary is a net receiver from the EU. EU membership gives Hungary more money than it otherwise would have had, so yeah despite being quite nationalistic Hungarians are happy to let the EU give them money (why wouldn't they be?).
Original post by limetang
So (generalisation hat on), Hungarians are generally (cannot stress this seriously enough, so nobody has any excuse for bringing up the exceptions of Hungarians who aren't like this) fiercely nationalistic. So when Hungarians voted for joining the EU you must understand that it was done (quite reasonably and rationally) with the goal of pure self interest. Hungary is a net receiver from the EU. EU membership gives Hungary more money than it otherwise would have had, so yeah despite being quite nationalistic Hungarians are happy to let the EU give them money (why wouldn't they be?).

Thats cool, but they cant have it both ways, joining the EU just for the massive handouts they get and then refuse to stick to the agreement they signed up to. If they wont stick to it, then they should hand back the money , leave ane enjoy being an independent country without any obligations to the EU. Simplez.
Reply 6
Just the usual wanting the benefits without the costs.

I am sure there are plenty of Hungarians in other EU countries who would be butt hurt if they get sent back to Hungary because EU migration works both ways.
Original post by 999tigger
Thats cool, but they cant have it both ways, joining the EU just for the massive handouts they get and then refuse to stick to the agreement they signed up to. If they wont stick to it, then they should hand back the money , leave ane enjoy being an independent country without any obligations to the EU. Simplez.

I don't disagree, but they know that's not the game they're playing. They are going to give it their best go of having their cake and eating it and ... however much I may say that I in principle am against that, I can't say that they're being anything else but rational here.
Original post by limetang
I don't disagree, but they know that's not the game they're playing. They are going to give it their best go of having their cake and eating it and ... however much I may say that I in principle am against that, I can't say that they're being anything else but rational here.

I'd agree. I think some of the smaller leeching countries overestimate their own value. They might consider what theyd be like without the billions they have gleefully sucked out of the EU.
Original post by slaven
...Orban pointed out that the quotas are in fact illegal according to EU law yet this fact is ignored.

Where we come from, the Court (e.g. ECJ) decides what is legal and/or illegal, not a politician and certainly not Orban.
Reply 10
Original post by MildredMalone
No-one wants the migrants, not after France, Germany, Sweden ... terrorism, sex attacks, and general lowering of living standards for everyone ain't a good thing.

:teehee:
Original post by slaven
If you are willing to adapt to hungarian culture you can come there and become a citizen. The country has a record of harboring persecuted people from Europe (notaby the hugenots from France). Even now, conservative people from Europe are settling there because they don`t like their home countries

Importing primitive savages from Africa and Middle East damages the economy.

He would fit right in.

And I know right, where would Britain be if they hadn't have had that burden?
Original post by slaven
When Hungary and every other country joined the EU the main motive was economic cooperation. That was what Brussel was promising. There was no a single word about any refugees and the hungarian people never voted that they wish to have migrants in their country.

Orban pointed out that the quotas are in fact illegal according to EU law yet this fact is ignored.

The quota scheme is legal. The Libson Treaty established the legal basis for an EU-wide relocation scheme. If the Hungarian government did not want that then they shouldn't have ratified the treaty, or should have got an opt out like the UK.
Reply 14
Original post by slaven
Why don`t the ECJ or Commission sanction Merkel for violiting Dublin III? According to Dublin III the immigrants should never have been in first place anywhere in Europe.

Also, the place from you are coming is not democratic. UK is a plutocracy ruled by a neo-liberal elite who hates the working class and favoures "exotic people from Asia and Africa who have a dynamic culture". Hungary is a democracy in compared to you.

If you are willing to adapt to hungarian culture you can come there and become a citizen. The country has a record of harboring persecuted people from Europe (notaby the hugenots from France). Even now, conservative people from Europe are settling there because they don`t like their home countries

Importing primitive savages from Africa and Middle East damages the economy.

I hope Hungarians are not racist like the OP.
Original post by Maker
I hope Hungarians are not racist like the OP.

Racism can be a good thing. It means loyalty to ones own ethnic group. Nelson Mandela for example had loyalty to this ethnic group and could be considered racist if the same test was applies to a white European nationalist.

Racism can also mean honesty e.g. Not covering up inconvenient facts like race /IQ difference for example as proven time and time again by people like Richard Lynn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Lollypop100
Racism can be a good thing. It means loyalty to ones own ethnic group. Nelson Mandela for example had loyalty to this ethnic group and could be considered racist if the same test was applies to a white European nationalist.

Racism can also mean honesty e.g. Not covering up inconvenient facts like race /IQ difference for example as proven time and time again by people like Richard Lynn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't agree Hungarians have lower IQs than other nationalities, after all, Hungarians invented the Rubiks cube and nuclear chain reaction.

I don't know why you mix up loyalty with racism, I am loyal to my family but I don't hate people who are not my family.
Reply 17
Original post by Maker
I don't agree Hungarians have lower IQs than other nationalities, after all, Hungarians invented the Rubiks cube and nuclear chain reaction.

I don't know why you mix up loyalty with racism, I am loyal to my family but I don't hate people who are not my family.

Yet you do not want that somebody force your family to share their property house with somebody else, or that somebody force your family to accept strangers in their house. The same goes why Hungary do not want to share itself with migrants.

And you are an anti-Europan racist and promise you Hungary will never be culturall enriched. Budapest will never be a disgusting city like London or Birmingham.
Original post by Maker

I never said Hungarians has lower IQ's, where did that come from?

Loyalty to the white race is classed as racism. Can you name me a single group that is a white advocate group that isn't smeared as a nasty / Nazi group. Yet those same people who smear them respect groups with loyalty to blacks, Jews, Asians, Muslims etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This referendum is a joke. Data shows that probably less than 50% of the eligible voters turned up.. Why? because there is no point in voting, there will be no quotas now anyway, nobody will be forced to take in refugees if they don't want to.

Orban should have a referendum if Hungary wants to host the 2024 Olympics or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending