The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DamnDaniel2
I think it's the excitement of getting an offer. Plus a person who gets an offer in like December will be motivated longer than a person who gets an offer in like March if that makes sense.

Remember that 'early application' does not equal '5 early decisions'. And it can result in an early Rejection as well - there is nothing like a full body-blow to take away all the smug confidence you might have had.

Many early applicants will still have to wait until April to get a decision and usually get over stressed about 'waiting so long' for an offer. This agony of waiting could have been avoided if they hadn't whacked their application in to UCAS in September.

Also, most people change their minds about their likely grades (and therefore the sense of their 5 choices) and often change their minds about the subject they want to study, during their final A level year. The longer you wait before finalising your UCAS application, the more considered (and wiser) these choices are likely to be.

'Excitement'? This isn't a party game - its about the next 3 or 4 years of your life.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by returnmigrant
Remember that 'early application' does not equal '5 early decisions'.

Many early applicants will still have to wait until April to get a decision and usually get over stressed about 'waiting so long' for an offer. This agony of waiting could have been avoided if they hadn't whacked their application in to UCAS in September.

Also, most people change their minds about their likely grades (and therefore the sense of their 5 choices) and often change their minds about the subject they want to study, during their final A level year. The longer you wait before finalising your UCAS application, the more considered (and wiser) these choices are likely to be.

'Excitement'? This isn't a party game - its about the next 3 or 4 years of your life.

Ahaha I understand that since my brother was very early in sending out his application and had to wait until March for some of them.
But what I'm saying is that an early offer would motivate a person longer. Obviously not everyone but this is what I have seen with people I know.

Might not be a party game but you can't say it's not exciting getting your first offer and finally having that nervous feeling go away as well as that urge to constantly check your emails.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MoshBosh
I know someone who applied for English and already has two offers from Bristol (unconditional) and Liverpool

Bristol give unconditional offers?? O.o
Ahaha I understand that since my brother was very early in sending out his application and had to wait until March for some of them.
But what I'm saying is that an early offer would motivate a person longer. Obviously not everyone but this is what I have seen with people I know.

Might not be a party game but you can't say it's not exciting getting your first offer and finally having that nervous feeling go away as well as that urge to constantly check your emails.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for Dutch unis as well and I had a mini heart attack when I got acknowledgement emails from them :lol: Can't wait to send off UCAS now!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Bristol give unconditional offers?? O.o

No.

This person obviously applied with known grades - and that also might be the reason they have an immediate offer.
Original post by returnmigrant
No.

This person obviously applied with known grades - and that also might be the reason they have an immediate offer.

I was thinking that lmao. Bristol are too high up to give unconditionals without known grades.:h:
I've applied for Dutch unis as well and I had a mini heart attack when I got acknowledgement emails from them :lol: Can't wait to send off UCAS now!

Ahahaha! Good luck :smile: i'm sure you'll get offers from the uni's you apply to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahahaha! Good luck :smile: i'm sure you'll get offers from the uni's you apply to

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too hun! Are you applying this year too?
@MrsSheldonCooper Good luck with your application :h:

What's it like applying to Dutch universities? The rising tuition fee here scares me :lol:
Original post by kirstybecs
GOSH! You're all so prepared and I'm only on my second draft of my PS (which is somehow way longer than my first), but I'm getting my teacher to check it over for the first time tomorrow.

Ideally, I'd like my application to be away before the middle of October (since I'm still going to Open Days), but I feel like it's gonna keep me waiting in suspense for so long especially since Law is notorious for taking ages in offering places (but I know Leeds does it as they come in, rather than waiting until the January deadline)

I feel like I'm in a pretty safe position, my UCAS predictions are 3 A's and I've had so much experience to write about in my PS so I hope that's enough - the only issue is my LNAT for Bristol and I don't find out my score until February :frown:

Good luck everyone!!X

The Wills Memorial Building in Bristol is so beautiful! And there's a Subway right opposite :colone: Good luck lovely I hope you get an offer! :smile:
Original post by Legendary Quest
@MrsSheldonCooper Good luck with your application :h:

What's it like applying to Dutch universities? The rising tuition fee here scares me :lol:

Thank youu

I made a Dutch version of UCAS account, applied and within like 15 minutes, I got emails from two of the unis saying my application had been received. It seems long because I have to send off my passport copy and grades to the uni and they all provide accounts I have to sign into and fill out.

Yup the tuition fee rise is why I'm applying. But on the other hand, Dutch unis don't offer student loans so idk.
You too hun! Are you applying this year too?

No not this year! My time will be next year ahaha :smile: in year 12 right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank youu

I made a Dutch version of UCAS account, applied and within like 15 minutes, I got emails from two of the unis saying my application had been received. It seems long because I have to send off my passport copy and grades to the uni and they all provide accounts I have to sign into and fill out.

Yup the tuition fee rise is why I'm applying. But on the other hand, Dutch unis don't offer student loans so idk.

Yep, the dilemma... But you could get a part time job. I think I read somewhere that if you work around 14 hrs a week you could be eligible for some help? I'm not 100% sure though.

I didn't like my firm university so I'm reapplying. Still trying to figure out whether or not I'm brave enough to apply for a uni in a different country! :lol:
Yep, the dilemma... But you could get a part time job. I think I read somewhere that if you work around 14 hrs a week you could be eligible for some help? I'm not 100% sure though.

I didn't like my firm university so I'm reapplying. Still trying to figure out whether or not I'm brave enough to apply for a uni in a different country! :lol:

I could but they don't recommend it because of the heavy workload. I think I'll end up going to a British uni tbh. Ahh where are you applying?
I could but they don't recommend it because of the heavy workload. I think I'll end up going to a British uni tbh. Ahh where are you applying?

Oh that makes sense. That is tough then. Are you happy with the British unis? I like the idea of staying here but I'll probably regret it in the long term lol

Nottingham, Queen Mary, Leeds, Loughborough and maybe Manchester :tongue:
Oh that makes sense. That is tough then. Are you happy with the British unis? I like the idea of staying here but I'll probably regret it in the long term lol

Nottingham, Queen Mary, Leeds, Loughborough and maybe Manchester :tongue:

I'm applying to Nottingham too! That's my aspirational choice :') See ya there if we both get offers and firm :wink:
I'm applying to Nottingham too! That's my aspirational choice :':wink: See ya there if we both get offers and firm :wink:

Inshallah habibti :tongue:
Reply 157
Warwick dish out uni offers like there's no tomorrow lol
Inshallah habibti :tongue:

Fingers crossed :3 Need to start praying as soon as I send off my UCAS :colondollar:
Fingers crossed :3 Need to start praying as soon as I send off my UCAS :colondollar:

Same! :biggrin: The waiting game isn't nice >_<

When are you planning on sending off your application?

Latest

Trending

Trending