The Student Room Group

Durham or Exeter???

Going to be applying for Economics L100, however unsure which one to apply to.

I fear Durham will be too small a place for me to enjoy to live, however I didn't like the campus at Exeter.

Also worth mentioning I have a guaranteed offer for Durham due to my attendance at their Sutton Trust Summer School.

Which one has more prestige for Economics and which one is a more exciting place to live?
Apply Harvard
Reply 2
Original post by Raventtt
Apply Harvard

Did you even read the thread smh
Original post by AnonEcon
Did you even read the thread smh

Duham
Original post by Ze Witcher
Duham

pardon?
Reply 5
Raaaaaaaaaaaah
London Met

Spoiler

On a more serious note - you may want to consider other universities. It doesn't seem you like either one of them enough to live there for the next 3+ years. Visit them again. If you don't get a good feel then go elsewhere. There are many other 'prestigious' universities.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Legendary Quest
London Met

Spoiler

On a more serious note - you may want to consider other universities. It doesn't seem you like either one of them enough to live there for the next 3+ years. Visit them again. If you don't get a good feel then go elsewhere. There are many other 'prestigious' universities.

Yeah but all my other 4 choices are near enough locked in, just this choice I'm unsure of which one to go for?

Can you name any other similar prestige unis that you think I would enjoy more?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah but all my other 4 choices are near enough locked in, just this choice I'm unsure of which one to go for?

Well you said you didn't like the campus at Exeter so Durham seems like the better option.

Would Durham (or Exeter) be your first choice or do you prefer your other 4 choices?
Reply 9
Well you said you didn't like the campus at Exeter so Durham seems like the better option.

Would Durham (or Exeter) be your first choice or do you prefer your other 4 choices?

No I would much rather go to Bristol over them. I've been told to just apply to LSE because there's no point applying to another similar uni which I don't want to go to. However I feel LSE is slightly beyond me
No I would much rather go to Bristol over them. I've been told to just apply to LSE because there's no point applying to another similar uni which I don't want to go to. However I feel LSE is slightly beyond me

Hopefully you'll get into Bristol :wink:

It is important that your insurance/second choice university is one that you like. There's no point in sending your application to a place that you don't see yourself living in. It's fine to have one or two 'ambitious' universities. You have 5 choices anyway so take the risk. But make sure you are happy with the unis. Only apply for Durham/Exeter if you don't mind going there.

Also, if I am right, you don't have to pick all 5 of your universities in one go. You can add them later so maybe apply to the 4 and see what responses you get? (Do research this first though :tongue:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Hopefully you'll get into Bristol :wink:

It is important that your insurance/second choice university is one that you like. There's no point in sending your application to a place that you don't see yourself living in. It's fine to have one or two 'ambitious' universities. You have 5 choices anyway so take the risk. But make sure you are happy with the unis. Only apply for Durham/Exeter if you don't mind going there.

Also, if I am right, you don't have to pick all 5 of your universities in one go. You can add them later so maybe apply to the 4 and see what responses you get? (Do research this first though :tongue:)

Thank you, yeah that's a good idea I didn't know you could do such a thing. Yeah I'm thinking to have Leeds/Surrey as an insurance

Quick Reply

Latest