The Student Room Group

transfer from architecture to graphic design

hi there, im looking for some advice on transferring from architecture to graphic design, I've completed the first year in architecture but the second year didn't work out. i remember being told when applying and interviewing for architecture that my portfolio looked a lot more like that of a graphic designer than an architect but i went through with going into architecture anyway. im now looking to apply for graphic design in 2017 and i meet the entry requirements with no real issues. i would like to know if there is a way of transferring my first year credits to graphic design as it was under the same faculty or if i would have to start the course from scratch? thanks.
Original post by jama mj
hi there, im looking for some advice on transferring from architecture to graphic design, I've completed the first year in architecture but the second year didn't work out. i remember being told when applying and interviewing for architecture that my portfolio looked a lot more like that of a graphic designer than an architect but i went through with going into architecture anyway. im now looking to apply for graphic design in 2017 and i meet the entry requirements with no real issues. i would like to know if there is a way of transferring my first year credits to graphic design as it was under the same faculty or if i would have to start the course from scratch? thanks.

You'd need to speak to the university concerned to see if they're willing to count your previous study against your first year credits or not.

There's a chance it might be compatible but it will depend on how similar the two courses are and whether the university considers you to be prepared to start a Graphic Design course in year 2.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You'd need to speak to the university concerned to see if they're willing to count your previous study against your first year credits or not.

There's a chance it might be compatible but it will depend on how similar the two courses are and whether the university considers you to be prepared to start a Graphic Design course in year 2.

will do, thanks very much.
Reply 3
Hello, I would like to know what happened as I am in very similar situation!
Original post by missoppu
Hello, I would like to know what happened as I am in very similar situation!

their last activity was 18-10-2016 so probably won't get back to you unfortunately :redface:
Reply 5
:frown: Im so anxious i gave it a go. In any case Im having an appointment with student advisor later today, hopefully the outcomes will be good..
Original post by ForestShadow
their last activity was 18-10-2016 so probably won't get back to you unfortunately :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest