The Student Room Group

Girlfriend controlling everything about me

Hi all,

I need your opinion on something. i love my girlfriend with all my heart but i just feel like she is trying to control everything about me.

a few weeks after we started dating she demanded that i shave my beard off and change my hair style otherwise she would break up with me. after another week she broke up with me and told me that i needed to change for her to carry in dating me. she demanded that start eating healthily and exercise regularly (i was already doing this) she also demanded that. she also said that she would never carry in dating me if i agreed to have surgery that my doctor is advising me to have and if i ever did then she would break up with me.

the other night we were eating and she told me that i needed to stop holding a fork the way i have been for the last 20 years and start eating the way she did. i had cooked the meal and when she found out that i had used pesto from a jar she had a go at me for not making everything from scratch when i have a full time job.

these are just a few of the things that she has a go at me for doing. she even tells me i can't do certain things in my own house that i pay for.

i don't know what to do about this cuz i love the girl so much but she is putting me under so much pressure and i am scared of breaking.
Not being harsh! But she seems to me like a bit of a bit of a control freak and by the sounds of it. It wont get any better throughout aha. You seem like a nice guy, so i'm sure if she broke up with you she would soon regret it and ask for your forgiveness. Maybe try being the alpha male and answer back. I know what you mean about being loved up with a girl, i had a 2 year relationship and ended it due to university reasons and have regretted it ever since as she had the best personality for a girl i've ever met.
Reply 3
Dump her
Run to the hiiiiillls....RUN FOOOOOR YOOOOUR LIIIIIIIIIVES.

/Iron Maiden

No srsly, make like a tree and leave.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

I need your opinion on something. i love my girlfriend with all my heart but i just feel like she is trying to control everything about me.

a few weeks after we started dating she demanded that i shave my beard off and change my hair style otherwise she would break up with me. after another week she broke up with me and told me that i needed to change for her to carry in dating me. she demanded that start eating healthily and exercise regularly (i was already doing this) she also demanded that. she also said that she would never carry in dating me if i agreed to have surgery that my doctor is advising me to have and if i ever did then she would break up with me.

the other night we were eating and she told me that i needed to stop holding a fork the way i have been for the last 20 years and start eating the way she did. i had cooked the meal and when she found out that i had used pesto from a jar she had a go at me for not making everything from scratch when i have a full time job.

these are just a few of the things that she has a go at me for doing. she even tells me i can't do certain things in my own house that i pay for.

i don't know what to do about this cuz i love the girl so much but she is putting me under so much pressure and i am scared of breaking.

You need to have a serious chat with her because it's clear that her controlling nature is pushing you away.
Reply 6
Original post by Poseidious
You need to have a serious chat with her because it's clear that her controlling nature is pushing you away.

I will have to, I'm just worried about loosing her. But if that is what it will come to then i will have to live with it.
[video]https://youtu.be/mw2kKyJu9gY?t=2m10s[/video]

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Run a couple of miles and never look back OP. She sounds like a crazy psycho.
Leave her lol, I don't understand how you could say that you love her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

3 options

1. You talk to her and she amends her ways from being so controlling. Not going to happen imo. her character is too strong and its in her nature and your relationship.
2. You do as she says.= you miserbale forever.
3. You break up eventually.

Constant use of ultimatums is not good, its a form of emotional blackmail. its dull. Talk to her about it and then when you understand she wont change, just call it quits. I wouldnt put up with it. She does it because she knows she cna get away with it.
I am going to talk to her and explain how she is making me feel and how I need to be free to be myself and if she can't handle that then it is over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending