The Student Room Group

I feel unpretty

Lately I've felt so insecure :sad: I've just been comparing myself to these really pretty girls I see and these models. It makes me want to rebuild my whole self, I want longer hair, I want to wear make up, I want a bigger ass, I want to be PRETTY. I just want someone to look at me and be like "damn" like I've looked at so many girls. How do I make myself feel pretty? Or should I just change my look like I planned (grow out my hair, start wearing make up etc) to feel more confident?
Reply 1
Do whatever you feel necessary to make you feelm ore comfortable in your own skin, but honestly as you get older you'll realise you worried far too much and just learn to accept how you look x)
I think this could be a stage we've all been through, of course when I felt like this I did try and do things differently to make myself feel and "look" better but eventually I just couldn't be bothered and it was too much effort and the constant self questioning was getting a bit boring so eventually I just stopped and it didn't do me any harm. Also now that I'm older I just look back and laugh at the things I tried to do because its so silly.
Reply 3
Original post by Inexorably
Do whatever you feel necessary to make you feelm ore comfortable in your own skin, but honestly as you get older you'll realise you worried far too much and just learn to accept how you look x)

Original post by chocolatesauce
I think this could be a stage we've all been through, of course when I felt like this I did try and do things differently to make myself feel and "look" better but eventually I just couldn't be bothered and it was too much effort and the constant self questioning was getting a bit boring so eventually I just stopped and it didn't do me any harm. Also now that I'm older I just look back and laugh at the things I tried to do because its so silly.

How much older :sad:

Tbh I used to think it was "too much effort" but now I feel like its something I have to do... or no guy will ever like me which is so stupid because I know that if a guy likes me for just how I look then they were never worth it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
How much older :sad:

Tbh I used to think it was "too much effort" but now I feel like its something I have to do... or no guy will ever like me which is so stupid because I know that if a guy likes me for just how I look then they were never worth it.

When I hit 20 I started caring a whole lot less.
The beauty of Islam is that there is only one sisterhood under the veil. The Burqa offers complete freedom from all the so called western freedom and tolerance and a woman can be judged purely on her actions and words.
OK so first take a look at yourself. Mkay? Now I want you to look at all those models. Look closely. Now listen to me. They. Are. Plastic. And. Photo. shopped. Nobody would actually look like that naturaly. And just think of the makeup they put on .tonnes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending