The Student Room Group

How far in advance can you rent?

I'm wanting to secure a place for my second year of uni.

When is the earliest I can reserve a house to rent? I would like to do it so I don't have to worry about it again. I've found the perfect places to rent, near my course area, at an affordable price and also some good mates that are game for it.

Should I arrange viewings in January or can I do that now and book for September?
Reply 1
Original post by TrojanH

When is the earliest I can reserve a house to rent? I would like to do it so I don't have to worry about it again. I've found the perfect places to rent, near my course area, at an affordable price and also some good mates that are game for it.

Should I arrange viewings in January or can I do that now and book for September?

Can do it whenever you want.
The earlier you do it, the better houses you get - if you leave it it may go.
Obviously be careful as you may hate those people later, but always a good option if you can sort it out now as you'll have a headstart on everyone else, including the often more organised 2nd/3rd years.
Original post by TrojanH

Hello :smile:,

When it comes to renting student properties you can go to viewings as early as you want and sign a contract as soon as you want if you've found the property and it starts from the year you want, with the contract and price you were looking for!
You can go looking now and even have your student house sorted before Christmas!

Good luck! :smile:
you can basically sign when you want, landlords will be over the moon to have rooms let by christmas... but be aware that people who are 'great mates' now may not be in a years time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending