The Student Room Group

Extracurriculars and personal statement?

I'm hoping to apply for languages at Cambridge and Edinburgh, amongst others. I was just wondering how heavily they (in particular) look at extracurriculars (eg house captain, duke of edinburgh, sport at a high level) as I don't have enough space to include these on my personal statement. My referee said she'd include these in her reference...will this be okay?
Thanks for your help! :smile:
Original post by ehidk
I'm hoping to apply for languages at Cambridge and Edinburgh, amongst others. I was just wondering how heavily they (in particular) look at extracurriculars (eg house captain, duke of edinburgh, sport at a high level) as I don't have enough space to include these on my personal statement. My referee said she'd include these in her reference...will this be okay?
Thanks for your help! :smile:

This is fine, there is no sense in repeating things in your personal statement and reference as this is a waste of characters. Unless there is some way they link very heavily to the course you are intending to study, they are unnecessary.*
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte49
This is fine, there is no sense in repeating things in your personal statement and reference as this is a waste of characters. Unless there is some way they link very heavily to the course you are intending to study, they are unnecessary.*

okay thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending