The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SubZero~
India and Pakistan have had many disputes over the centuries so.

Original post by Ravenous
They haven't even been around for centuries.

Yeah it's literally been since 1947 :lol:
What r u guys on about?! It's Cricket!!
Original post by Aztec123
Don't you mean your Gurus? Or do Sikhs view their Gurus as being Gods?

It was 04:00am, but yes Gurus :smile:
Read through this thread and you'll understand why I gave up on hoping for peace between Indians and Pakistanis, when you still have *******s in this world.

I do feel bad for Indian Muslims though, who have to listen to constant anti-Muslim rhetoric by certain Indians. Otherwise they could've been the ones we can look at to say Muslims and other Indian religions can live in harmony.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
:smile:
I have friends from different religions and cultures, they all seem to love Indian food and the culture. 8 was watching a programme (Wendy Williams) and she was explaining her outfit, when said she's wearing a "turban". I was like 🙄🙄🙄🙄 .. Then I googled it and she was wearing a "turban headband". Out of all things to call it, they settle on "turban" but it didn't offend me too much I guess as she wasn't saying anything bad towards/about Sikhs.

The word turban is not confined to Sikhism, that's just the name for that headdress in English.
Some Arab girls wear turban style headscarves, as you can see here:

Spoiler

Shia scholars also wear it.

Spoiler

Original post by Eternalflames
We used to be one big country called British India with Bangladesh and Myanmar(Burma) included too. Then one man decided Muslims weren't being treated fairly in India so wanted to a make separate country for them, the British agreed and gave Pakistan independence a day before India in August 1947.
There was plenty of bloodshed on both sides during the split of the two countries.
The two countries have had numerous wars since with India winning the majority of them.
Major wars happened in the 70's.
Kashmir is a region that was supposed to go to Pakistan but it was split between the two countries and Pakistan keeps saying it wants all of Kashmir due to a Muslim majority even in the Indian part.
Pakistan also does terrorist attacks on major Indian cities.
Can't remember exactly but there was a recent terrorist attack from Pakistan to India first, then Indian army sent those soldiers in to kill the terrorists, although this news is all from the Indian side. Pakistan say they don't really know what happened at the border.

your avatar sort of looks like the new indian prime minister , he hates muslims too ...

so i am with pakistan , as long as BJP government rules india ...

he is an idol worshipper ... he was elected from an illiterate place and he is an illiterate too ...

but we love our other government which is the opposition now ...
Oh good Lord what have I started... :facepalm2:
Original post by 123teddy
your avatar sort of looks like the new indian prime minister , he hates muslims too ...

so i am with pakistan , as long as BJP government rules india ...

he is an idol worshipper ... he was elected from an illiterate place and he is an illiterate too ...

but we love our other government which is the opposition now ...

What an insult! My avi is much more beautiful than him :cry2:

Why did you quote me? You have neither a question nor a countering point for me or even extra facts

I'm an Atheist but it seriously pisses me off when Muslims say 'idol worshippers' in a condescending way. **** off, mind your own business. You go practice Islam if you want, what problem do you have with idol worship? It's a representation of God for them. If you can imagine God in your head, good for you! Here's a gold star.
But why the **** do you care what they do?!

I don't support any political party in India
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh boy :facepalm:
I don't even if there is going to be an actual war :crossedf: but on TSR i can definitely say that the war has begun :fuhrer: guys stops saying that Pakistanis did that and indians did that. Its TSR, we all are just normal human beings... We should like that aside and just be friendly to each other
Just STOP
:grouphugs:
Original post by Eternalflames
The word turban is not confined to Sikhism, that's just the name for that headdress in English.
Some Arab girls wear turban style headscarves, as you can see here:

Spoiler

Shia scholars also wear it.

Spoiler

Yeah I saw that come up, when I googled it lol! Just kind of odd to call it "turban" out of all things, ah well.
Original post by Ishax
I'm Sikh and it's mainly because of the history. Muslims have killed our god so people resent them for it. They were trying to convert Sikhs to becoming Muslims, Sikh refused to do so and they were killed unfortunately.

Watch Chaar Sahibzaade. It tells the story of how it happened and everything, very heartbreaking and touching to watch. It should be available in English.

I don't personally try to hate Muslims, but the history is just shocking for me to get past sometimes.

In addition to this, Sikhs were attacked again in 1984 and just google it. Everything should come up, I don't really want to go into as I'll get upset.

Mughals all Muslims in South Asia. :erm:

Plenty of Muslims and Sikhs lived side by side peacefully for centuries before 1947. There was even Muslim soldiers in Ranjit Singh's army.
lol ... no i personaly hate damodardas ...

if you are a pakistani , now is the right time to fight a war .. we have a bunch of idiots as government led by damodardas ....lol

our god said to look into mosquitos ...lol .... you know the mosquito humming and stuff ...like ..hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm

macca has a cube ... yay !!!!

oh and please avoid war , when indian national congress is in power ...its a secular democratic party unlike the other idol worshippers party...
Original post by Aztec123
They fight over Kashmir, a Muslim majority region which is split in half between the two countries. Lots of Kashmiris in the Indian half don't want to be part of India and instead want their side of Kashmir to join Pakistan or become an independent state. It dates back to when the two countries were founded in 1947.

In the last month the Indian army/police have been going berserk in Kashmir, approxiatemly 70+ Kashmiri anti-India protestors have been killed by them. http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/kashmir-curfew-enters-day-50-death-toll-rises-to-70/story-GaRf2GcdiBtxYZrTLSjnqM.html
2 weeks ago an attack on an army base in Indian Kashmir killed 18 Indian soldiers, and India immiediately blamed Pakistan for it even though they had no evidence and still don't. This was enough to rile the Indian public up and many of their top politicians and celebrities were calling for India to go to war with Pakistan. India's Hindu nationalist Prime Minister was also under pressure to attack Pakistan from his whackjob supporters.
India has since then claimed it carried out a "surgical attack" on Pakistani soil but Pakistan denies this and says it was just a regular exchange of fire. The UN has also denied this https://www.geo.tv/latest/116502-UN-mission-finds-no-proof-of-Indian-surgical-strike-claims
An Indian soldier also got captured and is now being held in captivity by the Pakistanis.
In another hysterical move, Indian film producers also decided to ban Pakistani actors from their films. In return, Pakistan banned Bollywood movies form its cinemas.
And now it's still ongoing.

Thank you so much, this is really helpful too :smile:
Guess what I've realised...

Spoiler

Original post by Lord Samosa
Mughals all Muslims in South Asia. :erm:

Plenty of Muslims and Sikhs lived side by side peacefully for centuries before 1947. There was even Muslim soldiers in Ranjit Singh's army.

What's your point? I stated what's happened in history and now we're trying to maintain the peace. I even said I "try" not to hate Muslims.
Original post by AngryRedhead
Why is there so much division between these two countries? I know there are users from both countries on TSR so I'm just curious to know what's going on here and the underlying political causation. I know there has been a recent event with the Indian army invading Pakistan to eradicate terrorists but how far back does it go?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_India

The Partition of India was a crucial time in history, definitely skim this wiki page for a general outlook! :biggrin:
Original post by Ishax
What's your point? I stated what's happened in history and now we're trying to maintain the peace. I even said I "try" not to hate Muslims.

Calling the Mughals that treated Sikhs terribly as simply "Muslims", only encourage some anti-Muslim resentment for Sikhs. It wasn't a war of religion, it was the Sikh struggle against a oppressive regime that used religion to control. Hatred to other humans wasn't something the Guru's encouraged.
Original post by 123teddy
lol ... no i personaly hate damodardas ...

if you are a pakistani , now is the right time to fight a war .. we have a bunch of idiots as government led by damodardas ....lol

our god said to look into mosquitos ...lol .... you know the mosquito humming and stuff ...like ..hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm

macca has a cube ... yay !!!!

oh and please avoid war , when indian national congress is in power ...its a secular democratic party unlike the other idol worshippers party...

What a contradiction.

So just because you hate the democratically elected prime minister of a country you want another country to start a war with your own country :|

You are just like that shameless Congress politician Mani Shankar Aiyar who went on to Pakistani TV and asked for Pakistan's help to topple the present government.
Even the Indian National Congress party had to distance itself from his statements.

If you don't like the elected Prime Minister and the government the answer is to use the internal democratic process of the nation to vote that party out of power not ask an enemy state for help to topple the country because your own people and community members will end up being killed
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
It was 04:00am, but yes Gurus :smile:

Even earlier, you said
Original post by Ishax
I'm Sikh and it's mainly because of the history. Muslims have killed our god so people resent them for it.

Quite an odd mistake to make twice..

Also, that isn't the reason India and Pakistan have tensions, it's only Sikhs who care about that (2% of India's population) , no on else in India and Pakistan does.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheBBQ
Basically, pakistan terrorising the citizens and country of India, trying to steal land and essentially just be everything anti-indian, to the point of destroying temples and historic monuments, supporting separtist and islamic extremist groups in india, persecuting minority groups such as sufis and ahmadis and christians, etc.

Pakistan has the aim to destabilise india. Also the fact that kashmir essentially got taken over by muslims and the hindu population driven and wiped out by insurgents from pakistan.

Pakistan doesn't want to 'steal' land - Kashmir was a Muslim majority state back in 1947, and it continues to remain that way today; the majority of the population was forced to join India against their will because their Hindu/Sikh Prince at the time was given a choice to join India or Pakistan, and he made a personal choice not based upon the will of his people or what was right and just.

Btw you do realise that the majority of Pakistanis have Sufi beliefs; it's non-government extremist groups who bomb both Sufi shrines, Ahmadiyyah as well as attacking the government/public institutions too. The government is still firm in handling Ahmadiyyah generally though; it is a lie to claim they persecute Sufis.

On a regional level, Pakistan benefits from a destabilised Kashmir, and India benefits from a destabilised Pakistan, so neither side is truly innocent. Although it is true that many Hindus have fled the region, it would be a lie to suggest that the Muslim majority was achieved this way - it has always existed.

Latest