The Student Room Group

has anyone here got a sport rehabilitation degree?

if so, what is your current position?
where could this degree take me?
if I do a masters in physiotherapy after sport rehab bsc where could it lead me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
You can go onto study an accelerated MSc afterwards and become a Physio that way. I'm a Physio assistant and lots of my colleagues have done the same. I'm also due to start an accelerated MSc myself in a few months. My first degree is in Sports Therapy. Sounds like you're in a good position. Just make sure you study hard and obtain at least a 2:1 in your undergrad degree. Most programmes won't accept any less than a 2:1.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Original post by unaManzana
if so, what is your current position?
where could this degree take me?
if I do a masters in physiotherapy after sport rehab bsc where could it lead me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Staysh
You can go onto study an accelerated MSc afterwards and become a Physio that way. I'm a Physio assistant and lots of my colleagues have done the same. I'm also due to start an accelerated MSc myself in a few months. My first degree is in Sports Therapy. Sounds like you're in a good position. Just make sure you study hard and obtain at least a 2:1 in your undergrad degree. Most programmes won't accept any less than a 2:1.

I get put off thinking about doing a 2 year masters after.

as after the masters id still be in the same position as someone who spent 3 years and less money doing a Bsc in physiotherapy.

I'm worried about my future and am contemplating dropping out.
Reply 3
You've got to want to do whatever it takes. You either stay on your course and do a masters after, or you drop out of your current course and do what it takes to get onto a BSc in Physio. I personally would get a cracking grade on the course I'm on, and anticipate doing the MSc. Yes it's more competitive, but imagine if everyone let that put them off? Make a choice and chase it!

I get put off thinking about doing a 2 year masters after.

as after the masters id still be in the same position as someone who spent 3 years and less money doing a Bsc in physiotherapy.

I'm worried about my future and am contemplating dropping out.
Original post by Staysh
You've got to want to do whatever it takes. You either stay on your course and do a masters after, or you drop out of your current course and do what it takes to get onto a BSc in Physio. I personally would get a cracking grade on the course I'm on, and anticipate doing the MSc. Yes it's more competitive, but imagine if everyone let that put them off? Make a choice and chase it!

are you working while doing your masters?
if so, where?
Reply 5
I'm currently working as a Physio assistant. They're sending me to study on secondment so will be paid a slightly lower wage by them until I qualify. You can get a post graduate loan and work part time to supplement it. If you could get a part time job as a bank Physio assistant, then that would help you both financially and with experience. Hard to come by but definitely do-able

are you working while doing your masters?
if so, where?
Original post by Staysh

I wish I listened to you.
I dropped out because the career prospects for sport rehab wasn't that good. my careers advisor convinced me to do nursing.which I did but failed the second year. now I'm in square one again lol. I would've graduated from sport rehab rn and about to start the masters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending