The Student Room Group

Definitive Answer Needed Please

I started an undergradute degree which is a 4 year course. The first year is a foundation year and the three subsequent years are the three years for a BEng degree.

In order to pass said foundation year and pass onto the main 3 year BEng degree you have to obtain a certain % on the foundation year.

I did not achieve the percentage I required to progress onto my chosen engineering degree. This was due to mitigating circumstances and due to said circusmatnces I was allowed to repeat the foundation year.

I did so and I am now in first year.

I have applied for student finance and I recieved an entitlement of £0 I told my student finance deparment and they said they have notified student finance of the year I am in and after this is taken into consideration I should receieve student finance. They said I "hopefully" should which isn't very reassuring.

Is this the case according to the rules will I receieve student finance for the remainder of my degree 100% guaranteed?

Thank you
Reply 1
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by SFquestion

I'm not a student finance England rep. You need to wait for them to respond for an official answer.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
I'm not a student finance England rep. You need to wait for them to respond for an official answer.

Oh ok sorry.
You are eligible for funding as 'course plus one'. If you are enrolled on the 4 year version of the course this is 4 years plus 1 year = 5 years (i.e. 5 years funding).

This allows a repeat year during the course. If you have taken 2 years funding to complete the foundation, you should still have 3 years left (i.e. year 1, 2 and 3).

Make sure your University has you on the 4 year version of the course and not the 3 year version.

Quick Reply

Latest