The Student Room Group

medicine at Imperial

Hey everyone

Can someone please tell me what my chances are for applying to imperial to study medicine?

GCSE= 4A* 5A 2B ( The Bs where in history and ICT)
A-level predictions= A* AA
I also have an A* in my persian a-level exam and I'm also doing my epq
Personal statement= strong
BMAT= scoring around 5 for sec 1 and sec 2 on the first past paper that I did.

It was only 2 years that I was in the UK when I sat my GCSE exams. I came in 2012.

Do I have a shot at Imperial?
Its all about your BMAT score to get an interview, so its impossible to say.
Imperial no longer look at GCSE grades (this is coming into affect for 2017 entry, so your cycle). AAA is the minimum requirements on their website so you meet them, it does say a standard offer is A*AA. A strong BMAT and Personal statement will boost your application.
For 2016 entry, the minimum scores required were:

a score of 4.5 in section 1

a score of 4.5 in section 2

a score of 2.5 and grade B in section 3

The scores needed for BMAT are above although these might change this year .
I don't think they would care about your A* in Persian as I assume it's your mother tongue?
Original post by homeland.lsw
Imperial no longer look at GCSE grades (this is coming into affect for 2017 entry, so your cycle). AAA is the minimum requirements on their website so you meet them, it does say a standard offer is A*AA. A strong BMAT and Personal statement will boost your application.
For 2016 entry, the minimum scores required were:

a score of 4.5 in section 1

a score of 4.5 in section 2

a score of 2.5 and grade B in section 3

The scores needed for BMAT are above although these might change this year .
I don't think they would care about your A* in Persian as I assume it's your mother tongue?

Can't this change later on in the years like 2019 entry or 2020?
Original post by Oxidation
Can't this change later on in the years like 2019 entry or 2020?

Of course.
BMAT cut-off scores are calculated each year, as a result of ranked candidate BMAT scores versus number of expected interview sessions. As a result, the absolute BMAT cut-off changes each year. However, the BMAT cut-off scores from previous admissions cycles may be used as a guide.
Of course.

So do u think I have a shot?
Of course.

Oh, they're so lucky!
Original post by paria23
So do u think I have a shot?

Your grades meet the requirements, you say you have a strong PS, your BMAT scores are above LAST years cut off point. I would say to apply. Just be careful as the deadline is fast approaching :smile:
Original post by Oxidation
Oh, they're so lucky!

The medicine course is still super competitive, but if you say so
Sorry what are referring to? You mean when I said my personal statement is strong?
The medicine course is still super competitive, but if you say so

Yes, I know that. There aren't certain expectations from them in GCSE's and AS Level if they haven't put it up for 2017.

Quick Reply