The Student Room Group

UCAS UCL Maths Unit UMS

I'm applying for maths at UCL (G107), but on their entry requirements, they specify that they would like to see A Level Maths module UMS:

'The admissions decision making process for Mathematics at UCL considers all aspects of the application but finds Mathematics A-level module percentages particularly helpful. Please therefore include percentages achieved in modules already sat in your application. Failure to supply this information is likely to lead to lengthy delays in the consideration of your application.'

However as far as I know, UCAS doesn't let you add UMS, only a box for the grade. So how can I put this information in my application?

Thanks!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by Michael126
I'm applying for maths at UCL (G107), but on their entry requirements, they specify that they would like to see A Level Maths module UMS:

'The admissions decision making process for Mathematics at UCL considers all aspects of the application but finds Mathematics A-level module percentages particularly helpful. Please therefore include percentages achieved in modules already sat in your application. Failure to supply this information is likely to lead to lengthy delays in the consideration of your application.'

However as far as I know, UCAS doesn't let you add UMS, only a box for the grade. So how can I put this information in my application?

Thanks!

I emailed the UCL admissions tutor about this and he said that you can put it in the 'other' box on UCAS instead of putting the module grade (As this can easily be deduced). If you don't do this, they'll email you for UMS after although this apparently slows down your application.

What is your UMS average by the way? I have 97 maths and 89 further maths so 93 overall. Where else are you applying to?
Reply 3
Original post by TheRandomGenius
I emailed the UCL admissions tutor about this and he said that you can put it in the 'other' box on UCAS instead of putting the module grade (As this can easily be deduced). If you don't do this, they'll email you for UMS after although this apparently slows down your application.

What is your UMS average by the way? I have 97 maths and 89 further maths so 93 overall. Where else are you applying to?

Thanks; it is all done now! I have 100 in maths and 100 (well actually 598/600) in further maths - I am applying to Imperial, Warwick, bath and one of Oxford and Cambridge. What about you?
Original post by Michael126
Thanks; it is all done now! I have 100 in maths and 100 (well actually 598/600) in further maths - I am applying to Imperial, Warwick, bath and one of Oxford and Cambridge. What about you?

Damn... Impressive,well done. Applying to Imperial, Warwick, UCL, LSE and Kings with 290/300 AS maths and 267/300 AS further maths. Are you a gap year applicant?

Quick Reply

Latest