The Student Room Group

I'm confused...

Ok guys so i don't really know how to go from here but i think i like a guy that has a gf. Tbh he didn't tell me he had a gf until i messaged him (i knew because i found he other social media accounts) and asked but he is really sweet but before I knew he asked for my social media and number so we could "get to know each other more".
He told me i looked pretty in one of my profile pics and would want to my number so currently we have just been talking through PMs and I'm currently not ready to give my number out idk i just have trust issues lool but i don't want a relationship just yet but i feel like he may like me more than a friend but idk because he does have a girlfriend or is he just talking to me so if his current relationship doesn't work out he has me..? Idk.
But his always ends his messages with 3 kisses and he always replies to my messages. He has also called me sweet and asks stuff like how's my day been and whether i have slept well. We have a lot in common (also culturally) and he seems genuine, he also gives me advice on when I'm feeling down and stuff.

I'm kinda scared to tell him how i feel just incase he doesn't feel the same or completely shuts me off.
I don't mind just being friends because i don't really know how i truly feel and to me i don't think any relationship/friendship i have with him will last because of the distance and time which i hardly have rn.

So the real questions are: Should i continue on talking to him? Or should I just not bother? And does it sound like he likes me..? Idk….tbh i really think i should stop talking to him if anything were to go further such as calling, snapping etc. because of his gf because i don't want to ruin anything between them but I'm just confused and if so how can i cut him off because he has been so nice to me and don't want to come across as mean or random...

Sorry for the long paragraphs and any typos (I can't edit any message after it's been sent…)
I think you should ask him about his current relationship and you shouldn't necessarily progress your relationship with him if he's still with his girlfriend. I can clearly tell that he cares about you but it's not morally right if he's with two people in a sense.

I hope everything works out just fine for you! Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Defraction
I think you should ask him about his current relationship and you shouldn't necessarily progress your relationship with him if he's still with his girlfriend. I can clearly tell that he cares about you but it's not morally right if he's with two people in a sense.

I hope everything works out just fine for you! Good luck!

I'm thinking the same too! Thanks for the advice!
Reply 3
To be honest it depends on how you feel you could wait until he breaks up with her..? But you don't know how strong their relationship is and you are in no place to judge.
In my opinion, i think you guys should just be friends and keep it at that. If he respects you and you respect him then just keep it that way.

Hope i could help and good luck! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 123moon
To be honest it depends on how you feel you could wait until he breaks up with her..? But you don't know how strong their relationship is and you are in no place to judge.
In my opinion, i think you guys should just be friends and keep it at that. If he respects you and you respect him then just keep it that way.

Hope i could help and good luck! :smile:

Thank you and you're right i take your comments on board!
He has a girlfriend so back off.
do a 3way
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
He has a girlfriend so back off.

I will.
Reply 8
You could also just tell him how you feel but that's your choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Ok guys so i don't really know how to go from here but i think i like a guy that has a gf. Tbh he didn't tell me he had a gf until i messaged him (i knew because i found he other social media accounts) and asked but he is really sweet but before I knew he asked for my social media and number so we could "get to know each other more".
He told me i looked pretty in one of my profile pics and would want to my number so currently we have just been talking through PMs and I'm currently not ready to give my number out idk i just have trust issues lool but i don't want a relationship just yet but i feel like he may like me more than a friend but idk because he does have a girlfriend or is he just talking to me so if his current relationship doesn't work out he has me..? Idk.
But his always ends his messages with 3 kisses and he always replies to my messages. He has also called me sweet and asks stuff like how's my day been and whether i have slept well. We have a lot in common (also culturally) and he seems genuine, he also gives me advice on when I'm feeling down and stuff.

I'm kinda scared to tell him how i feel just incase he doesn't feel the same or completely shuts me off.
I don't mind just being friends because i don't really know how i truly feel and to me i don't think any relationship/friendship i have with him will last because of the distance and time which i hardly have rn.

So the real questions are: Should i continue on talking to him? Or should I just not bother? And does it sound like he likes me..? Idk….tbh i really think i should stop talking to him if anything were to go further such as calling, snapping etc. because of his gf because i don't want to ruin anything between them but I'm just confused and if so how can i cut him off because he has been so nice to me and don't want to come across as mean or random...

Sorry for the long paragraphs and any typos (I can't edit any message after it's been sent…)

Tbh I don't think you should persue any further with this because he is already with somebody. He does sound like he cares, but if he wanted to be with you wouldn't he have ended his current relationship already? It sounds like it will result in heartbreak if you carry on talking to him. Don't get attached to him if it won't last, end it before it turns into something more. Sorry for sounding harsh. Good luck tho😌
This is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm sorry but honestly, imagine being the girlfriend in this position? How would you feel if your boyfriend messaged girls behind your back and said they're pretty, they're sweet and that he wants to get to know them better?

You'd be devastated! In all honesty I think she deserves better and you deserve better. At the end of the day, yeah he could leave her for you but if he went behind her back what's to stop him from doing that to you?

Nothing. Leave the guy behind, find someone worthy of your time before you look like the bad guy.
Original post by NAIKEY
Tbh I don't think you should persue any further with this because he is already with somebody. He does sound like he cares, but if he wanted to be with you wouldn't he have ended his current relationship already? It sounds like it will result in heartbreak if you carry on talking to him. Don't get attached to him if it won't last, end it before it turns into something more. Sorry for sounding harsh. Good luck tho😌

No you are not being harsh at all. It's stuff that i need to hear to know it's not just in my head. Thank you!

Original post by ShannyMorrison
This is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm sorry but honestly, imagine being the girlfriend in this position? How would you feel if your boyfriend messaged girls behind your back and said they're pretty, they're sweet and that he wants to get to know them better?

You'd be devastated! In all honesty I think she deserves better and you deserve better. At the end of the day, yeah he could leave her for you but if he went behind her back what's to stop him from doing that to you?

Nothing. Leave the guy behind, find someone worthy of your time before you look like the bad guy.

Yes i completely agree. Thank you for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending