The Student Room Group

Refusing to go to school?

Hey, does anyone know what would happen if I refused to go to school? Because my 2 friends are not going to be in tomorrow and I get really bad anxiety but after my
Doctors appointment my mums making me go in to school, can teachers do anything if I refuse to get out of the car at the school? Can they physically get you out of the car? Or what would happen?
Original post by Fangirlxo
Hey, does anyone know what would happen if I refused to go to school? Because my 2 friends are not going to be in tomorrow and I get really bad anxiety but after my
Doctors appointment my mums making me go in to school, can teachers do anything if I refuse to get out of the car at the school? Can they physically get you out of the car? Or what would happen?

Dont think so. They would mark you down as absent I guess and your mum can look after you. If you continue to remain absent then I guess they will call your mum in. Eventually they will take action if you ont go back with possible sispension or expulsion. then you cna try and find another school or your mum can home school you.

Have you told your mum you are going on strike?

They can't force you out of the car, but they'll want a good explanation from your mum about it. Would you be able to get a doctors note tomorrow explaining the situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Dont think so. They would mark you down as absent I guess and your mum can look after you. If you continue to remain absent then I guess they will call your mum in. Eventually they will take action if you ont go back with possible sispension or expulsion. then you cna try and find another school or your mum can home school you.

Have you told your mum you are going on strike?

No I haven't, so if my mum takes me to school in the car and she got teachers to come out what would happen?
Reply 4

Just go okay? You really need to learn to stand on your own two feet okay? What are you going to do if you have to go to a university, where you don't know anyone there, like i did>?
No I haven't, so if my mum takes me to school in the car and she got teachers to come out what would happen?

They will not lay a hand on you. Until you get into school premises then you are the responsibility of your mother. Im sure you know how to handle her reaction tomorrow when you wont leave the car. have you done this before?
Reply 6
They will not lay a hand on you. Until you get into school premises then you are the responsibility of your mother. Im sure you know how to handle her reaction tomorrow when you wont leave the car. have you done this before?

No I haven't refused to go to school before like that, my mum doesent scare me one bit, she's always been soft on me, but she'll probably get angry though, so they can't do anything unless I'm in the school premises?
Reply 7
Original post by john2054
Just go okay? You really need to learn to stand on your own two feet okay? What are you going to do if you have to go to a university, where you don't know anyone there, like i did>?

I'm to scared to go, I get bullied queit a lot and I can't face being on my own without one of my friends with me.
No I haven't refused to go to school before like that, my mum doesent scare me one bit, she's always been soft on me, but she'll probably get angry though, so they can't do anything unless I'm in the school premises?

they wont lay a hand on you but I suppose if you annoy them enough they could just tell your mum to sort you out and if she cnat they can exclude you. They wont come out and get you because they wont care about you tbh as you arent there responsibility.

If you can get round your mum, then you have it all under control. If you take the sleeping bag you cna start living in the car and all you will need is a chauffeur.

If you play your cards right you can get to a new school or homeschooled and you can look for an apprenticeship.

Are you at secondary school yet?
Reply 9
they wont lay a hand on you but I suppose if you annoy them enough they could just tell your mum to sort you out and if she cnat they can exclude you. They wont come out and get you because they wont care about you tbh as you arent there responsibility.

If you can get round your mum, then you have it all under control. If you take the sleeping bag you cna start living in the car and all you will need is a chauffeur.

If you play your cards right you can get to a new school or homeschooled and you can look for an apprenticeship.

Are you at secondary school yet?

Yeah I am lmao, she will acc go in and get them Because she's threatened me with it before, you can get excluded for refusing to go to school once?
Yeah I am lmao, she will acc go in and get them Because she's threatened me with it before, you can get excluded for refusing to go to school once?

You are kidding me.

They might come and talk to you but they wont lay a hand on you. probably get all your mates laughing and pointing at you from the windows. Nope i think they will ket your mum take you home. Do you have a dad?? will he do anything?

My friend ended up doing this a couple of times. You won't be excluded for doing it once, or at least I don't see why you would be, and the school staff would only be able to talk to you. Unless your are an inmediate danger, the staff cannot manhandle you. That being said, if it became a regular occurence or your attendance dramatically dropped then they'd take action. As for the first time, they'll want a good reason for it so your best bet is to speak to your mum so she can explain. If she can't, you'll likely have to sit down for a meeting with staff and her to talk to about it or something. Have you seen your GP about the anxiety?

I doubt they will exclude you - if your school is any good they are likely to stick you in to see a counsellor or some sort of pastoral support
Surely the question is why are you so hell bent on not going? What's happened to make you feel like this? Or is it just the anxiety?
Stand back everyone ! We have a real badass over here
Feign illness, that's the standard method of getting out of school, isn't it?
I'm to scared to go, I get bullied queit a lot and I can't face being on my own without one of my friends with me.

This post brings up a very good question. If someone is being bullied at school, does human rights allow him to refuse to go to school out of fear or threat of violence?

I don't know about you, but if I'd been in that situation she wouldn't have got the teachers to come out - she'd have physically dragged me out the car and forced me to go in. Probably while making a big show of yelling at me to humiliate me as much as possible. :tongue:
Isn't the answer to get out of the car and just start walking in the opposite direction to school. (If you're old enough to know about anxiety and be on TSR chances are you're old enough that the police won't care about you walking off until at least a few hours by which time school will be over and you can return home).
Original post by Laomedeia
This post brings up a very good question. If someone is being bullied at school, does human rights allow him to refuse to go to school out of fear or threat of violence?

Please stop over reacting, this child isn't being bullied, she just said that she doesn't like being in when her two best friends aren't there. Everyone please calm down, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending