The Student Room Group

Is anyone here a member of any political party?

I'm very curious. :smile: I'm leaning closer and closer to becoming a Labour member.

If anyone here is a member of any party, which party? How have you found it? Are you glad that you joined?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zabveniye
I'm very curious. :smile: I'm leaning closer and closer to becoming a Labour member.

If anyone here is a member of any party, which party? How have you found it? Are you glad that you joined?

Hey!I'm a member of TSR's Labour party if that counts :wink:
It's really fun, interesting and has made me more interested in politics. I am :smile:You should deffo come join :five:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hey!I'm a member of TSR's Labour party if that counts :wink:
It's really fun, interesting and has made me more interested in politics. I am :smile:You should deffo come join :five:

Spoiler

Hehe, I mostly meant outside of TSR, but this sounds very interesting too! Thank you for the suggestion. I'll look into it, definitely. :smile:
Hehe, I mostly meant outside of TSR, but this sounds very interesting too! Thank you for the suggestion. I'll look into it, definitely. :smile:

Pls do think of joining!
We'd love to have you :h:

Spoiler

I was a member of the Green Party for a year. I've been thinking about becoming a member of the Labour Party.
Rather a lot of us
Reply 7

I'm a member of the Labour party and have been for around 8 months now. I never really felt invested enough in a party before Jeremy Corbyn came along.

They will send you emails regarding meeting in your local area. I would recommend going along to one, the people, I have found, are pretty friendly you can have a coffee and treats and have some interesting discussions.

I am definitely glad I joined because I feel part of a "movement" and feel excited to be so.
Reply 8
Original post by Slaw92
I'm a member of the Labour party and have been for around 8 months now. I never really felt invested enough in a party before Jeremy Corbyn came along.

They will send you emails regarding meeting in your local area. I would recommend going along to one, the people, I have found, are pretty friendly you can have a coffee and treats and have some interesting discussions.

I am definitely glad I joined because I feel part of a "movement" and feel excited to be so.

That sounds very interesting and encouraging; thank you for sharing your experience! :smile: Definitely worth trying by the sound of it.
Reply 9
Original post by Plagioclase
I was a member of the Green Party for a year. I've been thinking about becoming a member of the Labour Party.

Thank you for replying! Did you find it worthwhile being a Green Party member? I'm curious but of course only answer if you want to :smile: Green and Labour seem to share many more similarities again since Jeremy Corbyn has been around (although still different in many ways too.)
yh slytherin

Spoiler

I'm a member of the Labour Party :smile:
Thank you for replying! Did you find it worthwhile being a Green Party member? I'm curious but of course only answer if you want to :smile: Green and Labour seem to share many more similarities again since Jeremy Corbyn has been around (although still different in many ways too.)

I support the Green Party, although less strongly so now that a major party (Labour) now shares many of the same values. I'm not really sure if I found it worthwhile, it definitely is if you're really engaged in the party and want to have a say in how it's run but to be honest I simply wasn't driven enough for that, I think it's just enough for me to support them without being a member.
I'm a member if the Labour party and its probably one of the best decisions I've made :smile:
Reply 14
I've been a member of the Conservative Party for many years now. It's genuinely been pretty good - I've enjoyed active campaigning and back a few years ago when I went to do my postgrad at a new university in a new town where I knew nobody, it provided me with a great social network that remain firm friends.

Just don't get sucked into being an officebearer in a local association or something. It's always more work than people suggest, utterly thankless and depressingly boring.
Original post by iEthan
I'm a member of the Labour Party :smile:

Wait! What!

I thought you sane. How come you've jumped over there.

I was a member of the Conservative Party for years until 2013 when i let my membership lapse (mainly related to Ukip pandering and IDS). I still campaigned a bit in 2015 (they never actually asked to see the card) and do intend to rejoin at some point.

On a side note, i'm alarmed that an extremist would be so appealing.
Original post by Rakas21
Wait! What!

I thought you sane. How come you've jumped over there.

I was a member of the Conservative Party for years until 2013 when i let my membership lapse (mainly related to Ukip pandering and IDS). I still campaigned a bit in 2015 (they never actually asked to see the card) and do intend to rejoin at some point.

On a side note, i'm alarmed that an extremist would be so appealing.

Only in the real world. :lol: I'm still very much a TSR lib and to be honest my faith in the Labour Party dwindles with every passing day.
Original post by iEthan
Only in the real world. :lol: I'm still very much a TSR lib and to be honest my faith in the Labour Party dwindles with every passing day.

Was it a pre-comrade membership or were you suckered in by dreams of republicanism, visits to Lebanon and Palestine and the betrayal of the union. :tongue:

To be honest i always assumed you were a little right of center and just very liberal.
Reply 18

trump
Original post by Rakas21
Was it a pre-comrade membership or were you suckered in by dreams of republicanism, visits to Lebanon and Palestine and the betrayal of the union. :tongue:

To be honest i always assumed you were a little right of center and just very liberal.

I joined about 2 years ago now, so do with that what you will. :tongue:

See, a lot of people seem to get that idea. I consider myself just left of centre! The display from the Labour Party as of late has been disappointing to say the least. Rest assured though, I'd never join the TSR Labour Party (sorry guys), eugh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending