The Student Room Group

UKCAT 2016 APPLICANTS **** Results :)

Those of you who did their test this year .....
What were your scores?????
VR- 590
QR- 800
AR- 870
SJ- Band 1
Average score of 753.
I think this score is in the top decile for this year, but I'm a little worried about the VR subtest. How many unis look at the subtests in detail?
Reply 2
Original post by OnceUponADoc
VR- 590
QR- 800
AR- 870
SJ- Band 1
Average score of 753.
I think this score is in the top decile for this year, but I'm a little worried about the VR subtest. How many unis look at the subtests in detail?

tbh most of them look at the average score as a whole. But WELL DONE on your average, it's AMAZING!!!
Any tips for the QR and AR, it would really help as my test is on Wednesday next week!!! :frown:(((((( SO SCARED!!
Thanks, I really wasnt confident on exam day! I would say that the vast majority of AR and QR questions were much easier on the day of the exam. With QR if you see a question asking about tax or anything time consuming- flag it, guess, and move on. Get as many as possible done quickly by 'eyeballing' the data wherever you can. Eliminate obviously wrong answers to reduce the maths involved. With AR, the majority of mine were odd/even and colour related, much easier patterns than in practise- hence the 870. On these train this week to instantly look at numbers of shapes and colours and positioning. Perhaps visit medify.com and try their free demo. It was helpful, and do past papers timed. A huge help for me on the day was to use the keyboard num lock numbers for the calculator, instead of your mouse!! Saves a heap of time. GOOD LUCK! Hope I helped :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by OnceUponADoc
Thanks, I really wasnt confident on exam day! I would say that the vast majority of AR and QR questions were much easier on the day of the exam. With QR if you see a question asking about tax or anything time consuming- flag it, guess, and move on. Get as many as possible done quickly by 'eyeballing' the data wherever you can. Eliminate obviously wrong answers to reduce the maths involved. With AR, the majority of mine were odd/even and colour related, much easier patterns than in practise- hence the 870. On these train this week to instantly look at numbers of shapes and colours and positioning. Perhaps visit medify.com and try their free demo. It was helpful, and do past papers timed. A huge help for me on the day was to use the keyboard num lock numbers for the calculator, instead of your mouse!! Saves a heap of time. GOOD LUCK! Hope I helped :smile:

HUGE HELP! Ur a legend, thank you !! :smile:
Reply 5
VR 590
QR 770
AR 680
band 2
I was thinking of applying to Barts, Dundee, Southamptoon and King's. What do you think? Do I have a chance? I am a 2 year gap student
Original post by georgech
VR - 590
QR-770
AR-680
Band 2
Average: 680
Is this a good result? I was thinking of applying to Dundee, Southampton, King's and Barts. What are your opinions? Should I try other? I am a 2 year gap student...

From my understanding Southampton, King's and Barts are all very UKCAT heavy, it may be a risk to apply to 3 UKCAT unis incase the cut-offs change massively. If your other stats are good, I would look elsewhere too to balance out your options.
Reply 7
VR 590
QR 770
AR 680
band 2
I was thinking of applying to Barts, Dundee, Southamptoon and King's. What do you think? Do I have a chance? I am a 2 year gap student

Hey, nice UKCAT score :smile: but as already mentioned, Barts, Southampton and Kings appear to put emphasis on the test, so bear that in mind. It also depends on your academic profile, A-levels, GCSEs etc
VR 590
QR 770
AR 680
band 2

Did u retake any of ur exams?
Reply 9
Original post by lucifer9898
Did u retake any of ur exams?

No

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending