The Student Room Group

Engineering or Civil Engineering

As I am planning to apply civil engineering, and UCL, Edinburgh, Manchester are three of my UCAS choices, can anyone give me any suggestions on the other two choices?
Original post by annbee
As I am planning to apply civil engineering, and UCL, Edinburgh, Manchester are three of my UCAS choices, can anyone give me any suggestions on the other two choices?

Those are three competitive choices - are you looking to use your remaining 2 choices for good backup choices with slightly lower/more flexible entry requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Those are three competitive choices - are you looking to use your remaining 2 choices for good backup choices with slightly lower/more flexible entry requirements?

If so, any suggestions for my back up choices? Thank you so much!
Original post by annbee

There is quite a large amount of universities that offer civil engineering degrees across a range of entry requirements. Look up universities you'd like to study at to see more info about their courses and entry requirements.
Original post by annbee

Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle, Surrey and Strathclyde both offer down to AAB for Civil (sometimes only for BEng). Cardiff are AAA but might be more flexible. Apart from Surrey they're all in big cities with similarities to your other choices.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle, Surrey and Strathclyde both offer down to AAB for Civil (sometimes only for BEng). Cardiff are AAA but might be more flexible. Apart from Surrey they're all in big cities with similarities to your other choices.

Thank you! I think I'll probably go for Glasgow, after checking their requirements and course details. Hope all will go fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending