The Student Room Group

Case study and essay help

I'm really struggling on how to structure my essays in Psychology
Also, I am finding it really hard to remember all of my case studies is there a good way of learning them?
When you start learning Memory, you'll be able to apply some of those theories to your own memory/learning.

- Repetition is the main factor.
- Try writing your notes on an A3 sheet of paper, like a mindmap, then repeat on A4 paper, reducing your notes, then A5 paper. Eventually a couple words will 'trigger' a whole load of facts.
- You could try colour coding too so your memory associates a certain topic to a colour to help you remember.
- Make your notes into stories to help you remember the flow of them?

Think of it this way; Justin Bieber is on the radio every day, after a week, you will know all the lyrics. I can guarantee you didn't Google them...

As for case studies, You need to know the procedure, findings and some evaluation points.
Some evaluation point can be used for lots of studies - critique their methodology for example (Is it American? Did they only use males? How old is the study?) Case studies usually focus on one person, so can't be generalised.

Essay structure will be taught over time.
It's essentially down to recognising the command word and what it wants you to do, and understanding which AO it relates to. Once you know that, you'll be able to give the examiner what they want.
Reply 2
Original post by Misunderstood_08
I'm really struggling on how to structure my essays in Psychology
Also, I am finding it really hard to remember all of my case studies is there a good way of learning them?

Well for structure:

Intro: What happened in the study? What are you going to do in this essay?

1. Evaluation (Was it good? Was it ethical? How could it have been better? Is this study important?)

2. Analysis (Any criticisms? Is it valid? What would the counter argument be? What is an alternative explanation of the results? Present scientific research to support your point.)

3. Future Studies (What would be a future case study that would further/better these findings?)

4. Reflection (What did you learn/gain from this case study? What did you already know? How will you use this knowledge?)

Conclusion: 2-4 sentences. Show your appreciation for the researcher/author and study. And other concluding statements that make sense and wrap everything up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Case study essay can be used in any academic regulation. The purpose of a case study is to provide more thorough analysis on a situation. A case study is a piece of analysis.Writing an interesting case study is a bit like writing a detective story. There are three basic steps in case study essays writing research, analysis, and the actual writing. First step of writing a case study essay is to select a good topic for writing. Try to choose an interesting and familiar topic for your essay. Thus you can add a rich content about the topic in your essay. A case study includes a systematic way of recognizing an event, collecting information about that event, study and processing the data, and last reporting the results. By follow this procedures make you writing task easier. The Essay writing service helps to write case study essay easier.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending