The Student Room Group

I know this is ridiculous.......but I find Japanese guys attractive

Scroll to see replies

It's not ridiculous. Actually, it's incredibly common. :tongue:
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Don't want to answer then. And it's what you're implying.

dont want to answer what? what was i implying? :confused:
Original post by HurtfulHarold
Ehhhhhh???? NANIIIIIIII????!!!!!

Hontou ni.
Original post by Anonymous
Hontou ni.

Nande?
Nande?

Wakaranai. Watashi wa baka desu.

Spoiler

Wakaranai. Watashi wa baka desu.

Spoiler

I only know small words too lol
You find them attractive until you take off their underwear
I only know small words too lol

Anime?
But I'm south asian! Ugh, Japanese girls are so short, and petite with flawless skin.

I'm not like that at all! I'm.....short (I mean, I'm 5 ft 2", is that short?) but petite? Flawless skin? I'm kinda chubby (ngl, I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle, if I went for a run everyday, I'm sure I could lose weight.) Flawless skin, if you mean acne and freckles here and there (yes, I not caucasian and I have a freckle problem) and EVERYWHERE, then yeah, I do have flawless skin.

Spoiler

hey not all japanese girls r short! I'm japanese and 5ft 5"

Spoiler

Original post by upperechelon
this thread is just so awful and cringey

Thought you left forever?
Anime?

Bingo
Thought you left forever?

just tying up some loose ends these next few days via pm; but then I see this cringe and had to comment
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Korean guys and girls are gorgeous, it's so depressing XD

Spoiler

Plastic surgery and money...Every country has their good-looking and ugly bunch of people...and poorer countries tend to have "uglier" people..well because they are poorer

OP I understand, because I am heavily attracted to East Asian men too...but I also know I am attracted to every other ethnicity too
Bingo

Sigh, same here.
I can't speak from experience in terms of Japan but my ex boyfriend was Korean who lived in Japan so they probably have similar views. In an ideal world there really should be no problem with an East Asian guy dating a South Asian girl but realistically there are issues. I had issues myself as a white British girl.
1) Different cultures - Japanese tend to stick to what they know and may not feel comfortable accepting something so different. Try telling a Korean to stop bowing when they meet a new family member. Doesn't work.
2) Family pressure is a massive deal over there. If they have traditional parents who don't like you you're pretty screwed most of the time. I had the issue of being "too foreign" and so was kept secret from a few of the older family members.
3) Colourism. It's still a big deal, sadly, which ties into what they see as attractive. Even though all skin tones are beautiful sadly it's not the norm there.

Also there are very few Japanese here. The only ones I personally are exchange students and they don't stay long.
Original post by rayestar
hey not all japanese girls r short! I'm japanese and 5ft 5"

Spoiler

5 ft 5" is pretty short compared to western standards......

but yeah, not excessively short.

Also, DARKER THAN BLACK??
5 ft 5" is pretty short compared to western standards......

but yeah, not excessively short.

Also, DARKER THAN BLACK??

oh... well what I was trying to say was that not all japanese girls r short. One of my japanese friend is 5ft 9" too so yeah :biggrin:

yesssss! DARKER THAN BLACK!! It's one of my fav animeeeee!!!!!!!!!
Original post by bellalalaxo
I can't speak from experience in terms of Japan but my ex boyfriend was Korean who lived in Japan so they probably have similar views. In an ideal world there really should be no problem with an East Asian guy dating a South Asian girl but realistically there are issues. I had issues myself as a white British girl.
1) Different cultures - Japanese tend to stick to what they know and may not feel comfortable accepting something so different. Try telling a Korean to stop bowing when they meet a new family member. Doesn't work.
2) Family pressure is a massive deal over there. If they have traditional parents who don't like you you're pretty screwed most of the time. I had the issue of being "too foreign" and so was kept secret from a few of the older family members.
3) Colourism. It's still a big deal, sadly, which ties into what they see as attractive. Even though all skin tones are beautiful sadly it's not the norm there.

Also there are very few Japanese here. The only ones I personally are exchange students and they don't stay long.

......Yeah. It's expected, to be honest. Even as someone from a well-educated, Indian family (grandmothers included), I'd still face criticism and judgement if I brought someone non-indian.

Honestly, I think it's a very common asian (south, east, west, north ) practice. I definitely think an average caucasian family has less qualms when it comes to accepting a different ethnicity into the family. Probably because they're exposed to an immigrant population from early on in life.
Original post by rayestar
oh... well what I was trying to say was that not all japanese girls r short. One of my japanese friend is 5ft 9" too so yeah :biggrin:

yesssss! DARKER THAN BLACK!! It's one of my fav animeeeee!!!!!!!!!

True, true. I think in the media, they are portrayed as being the short, petite types (but we all know how twisted the media is)

and yesssss, HEI <3 AND YIN<3

I love that anime
Original post by bellalalaxo

Well you're lucky today! You've met one right noww :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending